Travel club / group finder websites ?

Delawaredave5

Full time employment: Posting here.
I want to go on a couple trips where DW is not interested.

Looking for websites / forum boards to find other folks / clubs / groups doing or interested in similar trips.

Specifically looking at what I call "express sampler" trips:
1. Balkans: Fly into Budapest and take trains around Balkan countries, 8 day-ish, 4 countries-ish.
2. Middle East: Fly into Dubai, see Abu Dhabi, day excursion to Oman, trip over to Bahrain, 8 day-ish

All the tour operator trips I can find are all 2 weeks or more. Not looking please for comments on the itineraries - moreso how to find others interested in same.

Thanks !

Hmmmm, maybe Gap Adventures might be a good start, or post your question on the Lonely Planet forums to do with those regions.

Might have to do it on your own, which is no big deal, and might even be more fun than with a group.

Might have to do it on your own, which is no big deal, and might even be more fun than with a group.

Concur. The last tour we were on had a large number of solo travelers, at least six out of the total group of 30. The ones that made an effort to be outgoing got scooped right up by the group and were never alone unless it was their express choice.

Back
Top Bottom