Telephone Threat From Obama Healthcare Act Government Center

sengsational

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
This message came yesterday:

http://www.filedropper.com/obamacarethreat
(audio file, mp4)

It's from "Obama Healthcare Act Government Center". From my Ooma log:

(425) 406-9491 ALERT Yesterday 08:16 PM 1:23
So it is a very harshly worded message stating that if you don't get health insurance, you'll be penalized, wages garnished, lien on your house, etc. Pretty darn mean, if I do say so myself!

The number is flagged in 800notes as a scam call.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-425-406-9491

I'm sure there will be a lot of scam calls during the coming months.

I remember last year getting a call, with the caller ID name spoofed as BCBS about my application and I almost fell for it. :facepalm:

And you think that this is genuine?

And you think that this is genuine?
I was/am skeptical, but can't figure out how the scam would work since there was no "call to action".

OOH, wait...the answering machine cut off the end of the message, so they may have had a "call this number now!" Then, yes, probably a scam.

I was/am skeptical, but can't figure out how the scam would work since there was no "call to action".

OOH, wait...the answering machine cut off the end of the message, so they may have had a "call this number now!" Then, yes, probably a scam.

Some of the scams are pretty creative. The one I got last year supposedly from BCBS even had a computer generated voice say my name and asked to call a number to check on my application status.

But when I called the real BCBS and told them about this recording, they said that was a total fake number.

(audio file, mp4)

So it is a very harshly worded message stating that if you don't get health insurance, you'll be penalized, wages garnished, lien on your house, etc. Pretty darn mean, if I do say so myself!

They were doing the 'medical alert bracelet' scam last summer from this number. This is a newer version. The message ends with a phone number that 'you must call to get enrolled.' The mark calls. 'gets enrolled' and is scammed out of his 'mandatory enrollment payment'.

Once they have a mark on the phone, this works just like the popular IRS scam. Your "immediate mandatory enrollment" requires payment with cash cards like the GreenDot MoneyPak cards. You buy the cards, read the nice man the numbers, and he empties the card value into his overseas bank account.

In a small way, these guys are actually helping. That's not something I've ever said about a telephone scammer before! I'm not sure all of the threats are true, but certainly the IRS penalty is true. So as these guys spam call with this threat, it's sad for the folks that fall for it, but for the majority that don't, it puts getting covered in a new light.

(audio file, mp4)

Don't delay one minute. Go to WalMart and buy a Green Dot card for $500. then send it to my friend Boris. He will fix the problem for you. Otherwise the FBI will soon be breaking down your door. :rolleyes:

stating that if you don't get health insurance, you'll be penalized, wages garnished, lien on your house, etc. Pretty darn mean, if I do say so myself!

I believe that under current law the only recourse that is available for collecting ACA penalties for not purchasing insurance is to withhold the penalty amount from your tax refund.

-gauss

800notes (or something similar) is the way to go to check out a questionable number.

Well, I have a working call blocking device now, but on a rainy day, it is interesting to see what tricks the scammers are up to so for kicks I cross check the numbers with 800notes.

Recently received a similar threatening scam call claiming to be IRS. These scumbag scammers use any angle they think might work :mad:

Another one is a call threatening to turn off your power immediately due to unpaid bills. They usually want payment in the form of a money order or a Green Dot card. Some of these guys dress up in a craftsman suit and show up the door. Payment, of course, must be in cash.

Back
Top Bottom