Asperger Syndrome

UnrealizedPotential

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have often wondered about Aspergers Syndrome and its strengths. I think alot of people have it and quite possibly some family members could have it. I wonder if there is a gene that causes it. I just do not know. It seems to me that one positive of AS is the ability to focus without boredom or getting weary. Some people with AS are very intelligent. Of course the downside is the social skills impairment and the possible depression that usually accompanies it. What are some positive aspects of AS and how can one develop their strengths ? Looking at some people who I suspect have AS it is very difficult to determine this. Can anyone help?

Why do you "suspect" they have AS?

I ask because I have worked with people who are highly intelligent, and can't be bothered with people who aren't. Their lives weren't limited in any way that they, themselves, did not choose. They couldn't be bothered with certain social niceties that seemed like time and energy-wasters, and if that turned off some people, well, too bad for those people.

Amethyst

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom