Hold my beer and watch this...

HFWR

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Study supports the theory that men are idiots -- ScienceDaily

The theory that men are idiots and often do stupid things is backed up by new evidence. The findings are actually based on an analyses of sex differences in idiotic behavior. Worthy candidates of idiocy include a man stealing a ride home by hitching a shopping trolley to the back of a train, only to be dragged two miles to his death before the train was able to stop; and the terrorist who posted a letter bomb with insufficient postage stamps and who, on its return, unthinkingly opened his own letter.

However, this study has limitations, add the authors. For example, women may be more likely to nominate men for a Darwin Award or the sex difference may reflect differences in alcohol use between men and women.

We need a study for this? :)
For example, women may be more likely to nominate men for a Darwin Award
That's because the women are still alive, not having done the dumb things needed to qualify for the Darwin.

Last edited:
This thread made me think of the recent 'documentary' Eaten Alive about the man who tried to get swallowed by an anaconda. No self-respecting women would ever think of such a creative idea. Too bad the show did not quite live up to its billing.

We need a study for this? :)

Exactly my immediate reaction.

:facepalm: I did my share of idiotic things in front of DW. So far betwen DW and I, the total idiotic things I did since married = 2,781 and counting, and DW did = 7 and they were accidental.

Reminds me of that quote from Jurassic Park.

Ian: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

Ellie: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

If men are idiots, then what kinds of idiots must women be for marrying them? LOL I think it is a wash!

Amethyst

:facepalm: I did my share of idiotic things in front of DW. So far betwen DW and I, the total idiotic things I did since married = 2,781 and counting, and DW did = 7 and they were accidental.

Wow, you know the number idiotic things you've done? I lost count of mine long ago. DW doesn't bother to count either.

Back
Top Bottom