Mhz network for foreign news and shows

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have been watching various foreign shows on the Mhz network.

I first discovered it when I installed my OTA antenna and found that a local station was broadcasting this network as part of its programming.

I have found it very useful to get some exposure to the foreign language I am studying. They like to broadcast various mystery shows such as Don Matteo (ruggedly handsome priest helps incompetent Italian policeman), Death on the Vine (French winemaker solves mysteries in the beautiful French wine country), and various Dutch, Norwegian, and Swedish mystery and drama shows.

But, it also has news from Korea, other parts of Asia, Russia and the France24 network. This net work has proven very interesting over the last few days.

MHz Networks: Programming for a Globally Minded Audience

Haven't see that one, interesting. Here in the San Antonio market we have all the '60s and '70s TV we could ever hope for, since we have three of these "retro" TV networks -- MeTV on 12.2, COZI on 60.3 and (new for 2015) Antenna TV on 4.2.

In fact, apart from PBS almost all the subchannels we have are either religious, Spanish or "retro TV".

Back
Top Bottom