When a pet brings you breakfast in bed

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Our last prolific "Hunter" died years ago , so this "gift"was un-expected. One of the cats brought a poor little bird she caught. Still warm.The experts say that is the way pets can show affection, but Yuck !

Our last prolific "Hunter" died years ago , so this "gift"was un-expected. One of the cats brought a poor little bird she caught. Still warm.The experts say that is the way pets can show affection, but Yuck !
Think how the bird felt.:(

My border collie mix Jinx brought in a giant, very much alive, but slightly maimed possum once. For our kindly but very urban roommate. We were in Canada at the time, and I was very glad to have missed out on the excitement.

He had to carry it outside with the fireplace tongs while it hissed at him. Was about 400 lbs to hear him tell it. From the photo I guess it was a 10 pounder. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

A long time ago in our apartment we had a cat door. One summer day DH was eating dinner at the table in bare feet. He felt something soft under the table and found what was left of a bluejay. We closed off the cat door after that!

Yuck. But it's the way your "hunter" shows that she loves you enough to give you her catch. I don't have live critters to catch so one of my cats just climbs on my shoulders and gets a piggy back ride :)

This time, another one of the critters just brought me a fresh mouse for supper about an hour after I fed her. I was in a very foul mood, the critter must understand the concept of " Comfort Food" , and wanted to help. Unfortunately, rodent isn't on my list of favorites.

PS It did work, took my mind of of what was bothering me.

Last edited:
I've been able to drop our monthly Paratex small rodent pest control service after we got two outdoor cats this last year. First pets to ever +help+ with the monthly bottom line!

...And, here, all these years I thought I was exclusively a dog person!

I've been able to drop our monthly Paratex small rodent pest control service after we got two outdoor cats this last year. First pets to ever +help+ with the monthly bottom line!

...And, here, all these years I thought I was exclusively a dog person!

Hey, dogs catch rodents too. Our German Shepherd caught one in our shed. He was so proud that he brought it to me. Later, he wanted it back, but I had disposed of it. A couple of years later, our Golden Retriever brought one in the house still alive (she has a soft mouth), and she must have been playing with it. My wife goes home for lunch and found it. I was promptly called to take it outside. It was gone after work, so it either recovered or became easy prey.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Hey, dogs catch rodents too. Our German Shepherd caught one in our shed. He was so proud that he brought it to me. Later, he wanted it back, but I had disposed of it. A couple of years later, our Golden Retriever brought one in the house still alive (she has a soft mouth), and she must have been playing with it. My wife goes home for lunch and found it. I was promptly called to take it outside. It was gone after work, so it either recovered or became easy prey.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Our beagle has proved to be a good ratter. 3 or 4 open field kills in the backyard this summer, that I know of.

Twice we have had birds blunder into the house through open doors and twice the birds have failed to survive the scrum of excited poodles. A lamp was also lost in one of the incidents.

I had an elderly cat completely revive her interest in life when a mouse made the mistake of trying to take up residence under the kitchen sink. She changed from sleeping cat to alert and stalking cat. Not everyone is happy in ER.

Twice we have had birds blunder into the house through open doors and twice the birds have failed to survive the scrum of excited poodles. A lamp was also lost in one of the incidents.

Perhaps I have too vivid an imagination but this conjures up all sorts of dog pandemonium imagery not outdone by a Disney movie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom