Darpa

Yes, that was a very interesting 60 Minute segment. Wish I had the knowledge/vision to work in a job like that.

For a person from the high-tech industry, you would be amazed at what I DON'T allow in my house.

Much of this stuff is just way too easy to hack. Those Samsung TVs are hilarious. There are whole forums devoted to ways to hack into the sets, and share feeds from hacked sets. (If I had one of these, I'd probably drill out the microphones and camera.)

For the curious, there's a search engine for finding unsecured and hacked gadgets.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/08/technology/security/shodan/index.html?iid=EL

Shodan is pretty scary. Interesting stuff but I would be reluctant to click on any links for fear of being lured into who knows what>

Shodan is pretty scary. Interesting stuff but I would be reluctant to click on any links for fear of being lured into who knows what>

The really scary stuff is what's out there, busily collecting and passing along personal data to whoever happens to notice. Shodan merely reports these open devices.

The Internet carries roughly 1,900 petabytes of information daily. The World Wide Web everyone is familiar with is a tiny fraction of this activity.

Back
Top Bottom