Pharma sector fund.

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Looking for a pharmaceutical sector fund. Found the Vanguard healthcare sector fund with a low expense rate. Any others out there focused on just pharma ?

The closest I come is investing in "iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology (IBB)" which has been very good to us over the past five years. However, I have had the feeling of late that ship is slowing down.

IMHO, we are in an over-valued market and much thought is needed for any buy/sell decisions right now.

PPH is an SPDR that was around long before the newer ETFs. I invested in it back in the dot-com era. It had mostly older pharmaceuticals like Pfizer, Merk, Eli Lilly, etc...

We have had the etf IHE for a couple years now. It has done very well as long as we have had it. Not sure what the future brings. Wouldn't call the ER low though.

Thanks for the replies.

I held a private 2nd TD loan with balloon , the borrower sold the prop , so I got paid off , and need a place to invest some cash. This is taxable money.

I have held some of the mega pharma co. stocks before. Kind of looking for income, but the funds give some exposure to risks and rewards of biotech.

Pharma

The Vanguard fund is a good one.
My broker-wrapper 403b is in Fidelity, and Fidelity Select Biotech and Select Heathcare have been very good to me. However, I just harvested last year's gains in both funds since the Biotech area in particular is getting pricey (primarily due to some well-publicized buyouts by the Drug Whales over the last year or so and the large number of new drug approvals.)

If the Supremes give the ACA a pass then I think that the whole health care sector would get a boost.

Has anyone else noticed a rotation from dividend & value to growth in the last couple weeks?

Back
Top Bottom