A guilty indulgence !

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Bought seasons 1 & 2 of "House of Cards" on Comcast and watching about two episodes per day when I have time. Spacey and Wright are awesome as Claire and Francis Underwood. After watching a few episodes I wonder if life imitates art or does art imitate life ?

Just finished watching Season 3 on Netflix. I'm thinking "art imitates life". The plots of the series definitely mimic our political heroes. I have always been cynical when it comes to our political heroes but to see it on the screen makes you wonder how much more we don't know about.

Holding out on this series and breaking bad series for when I get a new 4k set of 70+ inches. My ~10 year old 60" rear projection HDTV has been great, but it's really acting up. I'm trying to stay with it despite some picture/overheating problems until it truly dies. But each month I have that five grand or so going into the savings and I'm tempted to buy the TV.

Bought seasons 1 & 2 of "House of Cards" on Comcast and watching about two episodes per day when I have time. Spacey and Wright are awesome as Claire and Francis Underwood. After watching a few episodes I wonder if life imitates art or does art imitate life ?
I absolutely adore the opening sequence. The HD videography is just fantastic and the music sublime. I just love how some of the city sounds are blended into the music. The music in the series overall goes a long way to creating a certain mood and adds a great deal to my enjoyment.

And I don't even care for city scenes. But this is just the best opening credits work I have ever seen!

Another funny thing - we have captions on by default, and for some reason captions are in Spanish for House of Cards. But it's the best Spanish Language captioning I have ever seen - the translations are excellent! Just another dimension to the show.

We're watching it on Netflix. And we're limiting ourselves to no more than two episodes a week so we can savor it.

P.S. NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I'm worried about reading threads discussing this show because I don't want any spoilers.

Last night I finished watching series 3 on Netflix. These people are ruthless! Like Audrey, I love the ominous opening sequence, especially the rush of the night train.

Holding out on this series and breaking bad series for when I get a new 4k set of 70+ inches. My ~10 year old 60" rear projection HDTV has been great, but it's really acting up. I'm trying to stay with it despite some picture/overheating problems until it truly dies. But each month I have that five grand or so going into the savings and I'm tempted to buy the TV.

Do they have House of Cards in 4k?

I wouldn't be able to wait. Between HoC and BB, you're in for 10 seasons of very very engaging TV.

We have probably the same TV. Ours started showing some black pixels, but it was a very minor part to replace. Googling the problem led to the path of getting it fixed. DH had a TV guy come out and do it while he watched. DH said it was simple. Overheating, that could be a big problem. Don't let the TV burn down your house. We had a distant relative die in a house fire caused by an electrical problem in the refrigerator.

Yes, I've read that Netflix has it in 4k starting with season 2.

Wow, that must require 20 mbps of bandwith, since I've heard 1080p pulls 5 mbps. Time to upgrade to google fiber for that sweet gigabit service! :D

Back
Top Bottom