Do you wear a watch?

• Yes

Votes: 105 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 56.4%

• Total voters

ERTX

Recycles dryer sheets
Taking my new found fetish (AAPL watch product research) to the ER polls. Thank you for participating.

Last edited:
Never have. Hate the way it feels on my wrist. Never been much for any type of jewelry/accessories. I wear my wedding band and a crucifix around my neck only.

Mike

did when I worked, don't anymore.

Near where I live there is a bell tower that chimes the hour of the day and chimes once on the half hour. About all I need now.

Never have. Like Mike, don't like the way it feels. Have always been good to about 5 minutes with time of day estimates without one - drives DW crazy. She has no sense of time whatsoever.

IMHO, there is not even a remote possibility that a yes/no poll on this forum can generate any significant amount of data. Folks here are just too nuanced, and we delight in explaining why "it depends." :cool:

Used to a lot.

Recently I use the iPhone as a pocket watch and pull it out to check the time.

(very) Occasionally I wear a dress watch. It's not gold though.

As a kid I wore a cheap timex but when I was 20(15 years ago) I got a cell phone so I no longer had any use for a watch.

Daily. Don't like having to pull out a cellphone to check the time.

Never wore one much in the old days as I became an expert at sneaking a peak at other people's watches. Now I just look at my phone.

Used to, but stopped years ago. I still have 6 watches, all with long dead batteries. Once I started carrying a cell (later smartphone) everywhere, watches became redundant. Why bother with a device that only tells me time and maybe day/date and alarm when phones do all that and far more?

I assume folks who still wear watches do so for fashion/jewelry/status, or they're technology late adopters. When I want to know the time - homes, cars and many businesses have clocks, so it's not that often I need a timepiece. And if I ever reach the point that it's too much of a bother to pull out a phone...but to each his/her own.

Last edited:
I wore one regularly until it broke around 1990 then I stopped until 2008 when my ladyfriend bought me one. I was still working all those years but never felt the need to have one because I had a clock in my car, clocks at my office and at home and at my ladyfriend's place. I also found that being watchless took stress from my life when it came to the commute on the trains.

Even with a watch, I don't wear it often anyway because of the availability of clocks. But after my stopwatch died a few years ago (I use it for the school-Scrabble tourneys I run) the wristwatch comes in handy.

Yes- I love my vintage Rolex (bought used about 10 years ago). I feel naked without it.

I wore a watch every day, wasn't comfortable if I happened to forget it. Till the first day of RE, haven't worn one since. Probably never will.

I love my beat up old Timex and would feel naked without it, too! :LOL:

Polls like this are hilarious to me when I think of how frequently people without watches ask me what time it is. Sometimes I feel like responding, "What's the matter, where's your cell phone? :rolleyes:" I guess it's just a PITA for them to be dragging out their cell phones all the time.

I wear 2...... but not at the same time.

A $10 digital Casio which I bought 20 years ago. This watch has outlived 4 wristbands!

And a specialized golf watch. It measures the distance from where I'm standing to the pin on the current hole using GPS. For non-golfers, once you know the distance to the hole, you can select the appropriate club for your shot. Oh... and (of course) it tells me time/date/etc. too.

Is this market research for apple?

Just say no to unsightly wrist tanlines!

Despite several training efforts by my parents (disguised as presents in my teens and early 20s) I've never worn a watch with any regularity and stopped entirely a good 35 years ago.

Of course it helps that I have an odd knack for always knowing the correct time within about 10 minutes with or without a watch. I'm hoping that I can shed this ability (or at least reduce its accuracy) once RE begins.

Last edited:
Polls like this are hilarious to me when I think of how frequently people without watches ask me what time it is. Sometimes I feel like responding, "What's the matter, where's your cell phone? :rolleyes:" I guess it's just a PITA for them to be dragging out their cell phones all the time.

You should start taking note of who is doing the asking. Often the person asking has no interest in what the actual time is... ;)

Is this market research for apple?
Supposedly Apple is projecting 5% of iPhone owners will buy the Apple Watch - works out to 15 million units (not me).

Cute flowchart.

should-you-buy-an-apple-watch-flowchart.jpg

Last edited:
Only used to wear one when I was dressed in my business attire. Haven't worn one since ER and no plans to. Don't really get this apple watch gimmick. I see this being a flop, ala google vision, or whatever it was called.

Back
Top Bottom