First Day

mdowl

Confused about dryer sheets
I have been following this site for a while now and finally pulled the trigger. This is the first day of retirement for me, although I am staying on "part time" as an advisor which hopefully will be a good experience. If not, then we will can it.

I am 57 and have been going through the OMY for the last several years even though I am FI. At least on day 1, it feels good to say FIRE!!!

Congratulations and welcome. I've always wondered if the part-time adviser would be a fun role. Do you have a regular schedule, or can you drop in to advise whenever you are in the mood to do so.

Not sure how it is going to work, This was a tough departure for me and the company. Been there since we started it up a long time ago. No set schedule and I think I will just be asked from time to time to help out on special projects. Not initiated by me but the company.

Welcome to the FIRE club.

Congratulations.

Congrats.

Just something to look out for. I know 3 folks who retired and did a part time "consulting" gig at their old employer. For tow of the three the gig slowly demanded more and more of their time. They said it quickly became just like a regular job.

The other one loved it.

As you say, though, you can always can it.

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Well done. I performed part time consulting work for the company I left in 2013 but it only last about 6 months. They wanted more but I was unwilling to give it. When they call now I just tell them I'm busy with other endeavors (mainly golf and anything else I choose!)

diehard1997

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom