AT&T GoPhone in Mexico?

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am looking for any experience with the "plan aspect" of the GoPhone in Mexico. My primary phone is a CDMA that I have service with Ting and thus does NOT work in Mexico...well, at least where I am going to be traveling. On previous trips, friends have used AT&T with no issues at all, so I am going the route of getting a cheap GoPhone.

The main purpose would be for emergency calls only (to me, while in Mexico). I plan on just giving the number to the couple of folks who might need to contact me in a TRUE emergency, so I have no plans on forwarding my existing number *to* the GoPhone. The issue I am having is determining what plan to use. They have an unlimited international plan for $55 a month, but for my needs, that's a bit excessive...especially since I will be there for about a month, and perhaps into a second month. It *appears* as though I can buy the most basic plan and I would be able to use it as needed for about .26 cents a minute (to mobile numbers). The AT&T website says, "GoPhone customers are automatically eligible to roam in Mexico and Canada" and this appears to be the case NO MATTER what plan you use.

So, has anyone used the GoPhone recently for travel to Mexico, and if so, what plan would you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom