Healthcare REITS

ownyourfuture

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've owned National Health Investors Inc. (NHI) for about 6 years now & am very happy with it's performance.

Considering adding another for diversification.
Im considering these two. HCP, Inc. (HCP) & Universal Health Realty Income Trust (UHT)

The yields of all 3 are pretty close.
NHI has outperformed both substantially for 2 - 5 & 10 year periods.

NHI Interactive Stock Chart | Yahoo! Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

What attracts me to HCP & UHT is their outstanding record of dividend increases. Each one has 29 consecutive years of hikes.

Dividend Aristocrats: 25-Year Dividend Growth Stocks

Hoping some of you here hold one or both of these & can give me your opinions.

Thanks!

Healthcare REITs are one area we focus on for in-laws portfolio. There we hold:
HTA Healthcare Trust Of America Inc
HCP HCP, Inc.
O Realty Income Corp
VNQI Vanguard Global ex-U.S. Real Estate ETF

HTA and HCP positions were started mid 2013. HTA is the better performer, but not a dividend aristocrat. I follow Brad Thomas on Seekingalpha, and decided on these purchases because of his very thorough analyses.

When HCP fired the CEO last year, he mentioned it was time to sell. I did not, and the position is way down (but still paying the income). It is a solid company, but make sure you research the company news for HCP before you decide. The dividend does seem awesome right now. Probably a good time to start a position.

I think there are recent reviews at Seekingalpha on these healthcare REITS and others.

Healthcare REITs are one area we focus on for in-laws portfolio. There we hold:
HTA Healthcare Trust Of America Inc
HCP HCP, Inc.
O Realty Income Corp
VNQI Vanguard Global ex-U.S. Real Estate ETF

HTA and HCP positions were started mid 2013. HTA is the better performer, but not a dividend aristocrat. I follow Brad Thomas on Seekingalpha, and decided on these purchases because of his very thorough analyses.

When HCP fired the CEO last year, he mentioned it was time to sell. I did not, and the position is way down (but still paying the income). It is a solid company, but make sure you research the company news for HCP before you decide. The dividend does seem awesome right now. Probably a good time to start a position.

I think there are recent reviews at Seekingalpha on these healthcare REITS and others.

Thanks for the HCP info

CHE

Interesting. They also own roto rooter but the hospice biz is a grow story.

Back
Top Bottom