items for sale

I tried to sell my kids once but didn't get any offers.

At one point I thought it would be nice to have a 'for sale' thread. :)

Then I realized many here remain anonymous, are decluttering, downsizing, [-]penny pinching[/-] frugal....

At one point I thought it would be nice to have a 'for sale' thread. :)

Then I realized many here remain anonymous, are decluttering, downsizing, [-]penny pinching[/-] frugal....

that's exactly what I am talking about. a very many 'rich' people wanting to sell it all and move to a trailer park for the winters....people want boats....wanting land...needing house sitters....i've read them all. all forums have a for sale section. i am on the AT forum, 5 motorcycle forums, kite surfing forums, plant cultivation forums, camping forums, rv conversion forums---all are great learning tools and all have a $ Sale section. I don't need to buy or sell anything and i am very aware of ebay and craigslist.

I was just making an observation. I won't make that mistake again :)

I actually did buy something from another e-r.org member--he had mentioned in a random thread that he was putting stuff on eBay and posted a picture of some of it (not as a sales pitch, just an "I'm getting rid of this stuff."). One item had our last name on it, so I emailed him and $5 later through Paypal, I owned it. And gave it to another family member for a birthday gift because I hate having stuff.

Forums about 'stuff', specific interests, hobbies, or activities with their own equipment will have 'for sale' areas related to the board. This board is about early retirement, and a related 'for sale' area would be selling financial planning, annuities, and such.

Somehow I don't see the members here appreciating an area devoted to folks pitching Variable Universal Life policies. Remember that they'd be all over the place promoting their posts in the For Sale area.

I gave aja8888 a gauge from a battery charger I was tossing.

Someone here sent me a new antenna for my wireless router - free!

I have a wood chipper and generator for sale. No shipping, but I could deliver to Montana, Wyoming or Utah

Sent from my iPhone :).using Early Retirement .//82339)

I am constantly trying to sell my BS stories, but nobody here is buying any of it.

I have a wood chipper and generator for sale. No shipping, but I could deliver to Montana, Wyoming or Utah
:).using Early Retirement .//82339)

Hope that isn't the wood chipper from the movie "Fargo"

I just sold an old Airstream, and had it listed on one of our sister sites, the Air Forum. Though my buyer just happened to come from Craigslist.

I'd sell DH, but I think I've got too much invested to let him go for market. Sunk cost fallacy and all that.

ebay is awful. Geared towards buyers, not sellers. Auctioned 2 iphones recently. 3/4 auctions the buyers did not pay! So I reported them as non-payers. . . my account was put on restriction! No $hit.

When I first joined here some posters were complaining about illiquid securities they wished they didn't own. I thought there was no risk, and offered to buy somewhere around 2/3 of a conservative fair value. They disappeared, and did not sell to me anyway.

I am not as day to day tight as some here, but I am very careful and conservative about parting with cash for real estate or investments of any kind.

Overall, unless you are just trying to save yourself some hassles and want to get rid of something with very little utility to you, I think this would be a tough crowd to market to. Margin lives in lack of transparency.

Ha

Please, no for sale subforum, unless the whole subforum can be put on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom