1 year

martyb

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, I've now been retired 1 yr & 2 days. So far, so good....as they say, I don't know how I ever found the time to work...lol! Wife is still working, so haven't had to tap investments yet, living on my fed pension & her income. Several trips to see my 85 yr old mom whose dementia is getting worse. When I go, I stay about a month, and have been 5 times, so that's occupied a lot of my time. Otherwise, just relaxing, fishing and enjoying life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Congrats and likewise I'm beginning to see that retirement will not be a slow time. Grandma, Grandkids and the rest of the family is just the start. Good luck in your future experiences.

Congratulations ! Other than mom's worsening dementia it all sounds pretty sweet ! Enjoy your retirement - you earned it !

Wow, if someone asked me how long you had been retired, my guess would have been 4-6 months. Time flies! Glad to hear that you are enjoying it and that you have had time to visit your mom.

Sorry to hear about your mom but it is good you have the time to spend with her.

We also do not know when we had the time to work full time. We seem to have a full plate of just house and life projects, let alone the fun stuff like day trips, clubs and travel.

Back
Top Bottom