Poll: How much currently in equities?

How much (%) of your portfolio is in equities?

• 75% or more

Votes: 56 20.0%
  • Between 65% - 74%

Votes: 37 13.2%
  • Between 55% - 64%

Votes: 64 22.9%
  • Between 45% - 54%

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • Between 35% - 44%

Votes: 33 11.8%
  • Between 25% - 34%

Votes: 13 4.6%
  • Less than 25%

Votes: 22 7.9%

• Total voters

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
As of the market close on Aug 31, how much of your portfolio is allocated to equities.

74.8% Portfolio

Note: if I include the present value of vested pensions then 53.5%

Last edited:
42.8%, because so far I have only re-invested part of the cash from selling my house a week and a half ago. Target allocation is 45%.

15%. Nibbling just a little and have buy orders in case we have some flash dips again. Even if they all get filled in the coming days or weeks, still won't have more than 20% in stocks. If we get a big drop like a few predict, will up my percentage some. My long term target is 25% stocks. If I miss my buy orders, fine.

Depends on what you count.

If I just count liquid assets then it's 61%

If I include the value of my investment real estate then it's 36%

50% in a life cycle index fund at age 72 after 22 yrs in ER. Was 60/40 thru most decades but the cycle funds has been gradually dropping the stock portion.

heh heh heh - Now it is football season and my male hormones aren't dead yet so I have a few good stocks strictly for medicinal purposes and self 'capped' under 5% of my total retirement stash. :rolleyes:

P.S. Not counting real estate - two houses, a farm, timberland and a couple of building lots.

60/28/12 (stock/bonds/cash) counting pension as bond because I have not started withdrawing it yet
without counting pension as a bond it is 68/19/13

If S&P goes to about 1800, I will deploy some cash to buy more index funds.

Last edited:
About 53% in equities and target allocation is 55%.

- Rita

I voted 45-54%. My software says 52% but my taxable accounts are as of July 31, retirement account are as of June 30. I generally update taxable monthly, retirement quarterly. Of course, I do monitor the market and have made several purchases recently, but do not run totals except occasionally, and the new money into the market was offset by decreases in value of older holdings. Ask me again about Oct 10th and I'll have a current picture.

40 (50 percent in bonds, 10 in money market).

We bumped it up from 35 last month but Mr Market might be bumping it back down this month....

Pretty much 100%. A little bonds in a balanced fund and some cash waiting to pay expenses over the next two years.

Around 45%, want to go to 80% eventually.

Waiting for drops or meltdowns to shift. Perfectly happy if they don't arrive though.

In my brokerage account I'm 100% in stocks. In my Roth IRA I am 100% Vanguard managed Payout fund and in my 401k 100% in a Vanguard target retirement date fund.

49.9% with a target of 50%. I last rebalanced in March.

Back
Top Bottom