Call for "Beta" Readers

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've finished an early draft of my next book, Yesterday's Thief.

It's not too late to make changes, and I'd love your input. If you think you'd enjoy reading it and giving me your feedback, please PM me. I can supply you with a MOBI (Kindle) file, ePub, or PDF version of the book.

Here's what it's about:

In the fall of 2020, a beautiful, comatose woman materializes in the middle of a televised baseball game. She floats in midair, then drops to the ground, her pinkie embedded in the skull of the home-plate umpire.

When she wakes up and disappears from the hospital, new private eye Eric Beckman makes it his personal mission to track her down and find out where—or when—she came from. He soon learns two things: First, Viviana Petki is a Romanian jewel thief who holds the key to solving the world’s energy catastrophe. Second, she doesn’t want to be found.

Beckman has to overcome his lone-wolf tendencies, or he won’t stand a chance. As a plague of petroleum-eating bacteria spreads through the oil wells of the world, Beckman races against the FBI—and the paparazzi—to find this alluring woman before it’s too late.

Fortunately he has one thing going for him: Eric Beckman can read minds.

Thanks!

Note that I had Braumeister's comments on Contact Us in mind most of the time I wrote this one. He said he'll go along with two unbelievable things in any story, but no more.

This has time travel and mind reading. No more.

Back
Top Bottom