E85 fuel

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK... went to buy gas today and went to a pump I normal do not go to...

They had E85 gas... big sign saying it is not for diesel or regular cars... the thing that got me was the price... it was $1.99 per gallon.... regular was $1.62...

So why would someone want to buy fuel at 37 cents more per gallon and get less miles per gallon:confused: Do people really buy this fuel?

I run it in the summer in my Subaru - it's cheap race fuel. Here it's about the same price of regular. Man you guys have cheap fuel down there, geez!

Here in the Midwest, it helps the farmers.

I could care less about the farmers providing their corn for this fuel.... to me that is a big waste of taxpayer money.... now, if the taxpayer was not subsidizing it and it was cheaper than regular gas I am in....

BTW, I have 100% wind power because the cost of it is cheaper for me than other providers since they had a special on it... make it cost efficient and I will go for it...

I thought ten years ago E85 was cheaper.

I run it in the summer in my Subaru - it's cheap race fuel. Here it's about the same price of regular. Man you guys have cheap fuel down there, geez!

Yea, kinda cheap when they make it almost in your backyard.... plus our state gas tax is not as high as other states...

Does it have a higher octane? I have never looked.

Regular E10- $1.949
Regular E0- $2.199
E85- $1.699

I calculated it a while back, and it came out the lowest $/mile. But fuel was more expensive, and I think the discount was greater than the current 12.5%.
I will burn E85 anytime I can get it, so long as it is at least 10% less per gallon.

Back
Top Bottom