polls and "none of the above" option

DEC-1982

Full time employment: Posting here.
A question to the administrators) is whether there is a way to force "None of the above" into every poll through the poll software, since the person starting a poll doesn't seem to think of it too often.

All of the poll choices are the responsibility of the forum member designing the poll.

A question to the administrators) is whether there is a way to force "None of the above" into every poll through the poll software, since the person starting a poll doesn't seem to think of it too often.
I hope the admins don't.

I've deliberately left 'none of the above/other' off as an option more often than not on polls I've started. What's the value in people voting when the poll doesn't apply to them? And a few other members routinely want to split hairs and conspicuously vote 'other' and explain why - to drag the poll in another direction, apart from the OP's purpose!

Not to be snarky but if you don't like one of the polls here, don't vote, or start one of your own to your liking...easy-peasy.

Last edited:
Without "none of the above" the pollster will never know how many are truly disintersted in the subject within the ER community of this forum.

It is a relevant data point. Else it just the classic: lies, damned lies and statistics.

Kind of like "four out five doctors recommend blah, blah " of the polled group.

Without "none of the above" the pollster will never know how many are truly disintersted in the subject within the ER community of this forum.
A (low) number of poll votes and thread replies answers that question. Not interested isn't what I'm after, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom