End Game Preparations

First of all, the "nonsense" is going to happen whether or not you've discussed.

Just my personal experience.

My sons are 21 and 24. 2 1/2 months ago they lost their dad, my wonderful husband of 30 years to cancer at age 52.

Even with a fully planned out life including a prepaid burial, the "nonsense" is there. Grief is a Be-atch.

now after almost 3 years they still will not and do not want to entertain the fact that I will die. subconsciously they know people die but I think the pain associated with losing a parent is just to real for them to willing discuss "casually".

I'm glad you can be clinical and blase about it, for others it's not so easy

First, I am sorry you lost your husband so young. Second, I am sorry that your children are having difficulty talking about the inevitable. Third, yes, nonsense still occurs no matter plans (God laughs while man is busy making plans), but facing the planning of death (which is not a "casual" discussion) does nothing to hasten death of the loved one while it helps to avoid potentially significant challenges in dealing with an estate. Life is not fair nor easy, but I personally see nothing gained in making it harder for my loved ones after I am gone.

I say this not "casually" nor "clinically" nor with "blasé", but from direct experience. Dealing with lawyers, and banks and brokerage firms after the death of a loved one only adds to the "grieving process" IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom