Clearing the Body's Retired Cells Slows Aging, Extends Life

AnonEMouse

Recycles dryer sheets
If you clear senescent cells in mice, it increased their lifespans by a quarter and "as they got older, they lost less body fat, had healthier hearts and kidneys, developed fewer cataracts, and stayed more active. " There are adverse side-effects of removing those senescent cells though - wounds heal more slowly.

Naturally, the researchers founded Unity Biotechnology to "move the team’s senescence-clearing discoveries to the clinic." No word on when they expect to be on the market though. Any clinical volunteers? :LOL:

Clearing the Body's Retired Cells Slows Aging, Extends Life - The Atlantic

Actually, I likely will look into being a clinical volunteer for this at some point.

I have been interested in longevity research for over 30 years (never professionally); and, this avenue currently has the most promise in my opinion for the short term (basically, in time for me to get benefit).

I'd seriously consider doing a trial for that, assuming they get as far as human testing. I suspect if you removed all the retired cells from my body not only would I seem younger, but I'd be half my current weight.

Back
Top Bottom