Costanza's Stock Picking Tips!

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
No, not another Seinfeld thread. I'm sure there are enough of those (and websites) to last through the century. Just a little something to lighten up a Friday!

I notice this sub-forum, recently renamed to "Stock Picking and Market Strategy", is the third least-popular one on e-r.org. Ahead of only "FIRE-Related Political Topics" (we know about that...) and "Forum Admin".

How can this be? I thought, "well, maybe there's just not enough humor around". I know I've seen lots of things scattered around, a recent one that I've actually used when talking to a couple of friends about indexing and couch potato portfolios, was just a single pane with two guys talking over a desk. One of them said, "I'm a financial analyst. I take small problems and turn them into big ones". The friends thought that was pretty funny. Straight from e-r.org. I'd like to see a little more of that.

But this particular forum has a lot of serious things discussed, a little intimidating. Posts by real Movers and Shakers. Wolves of E-R.org. Guys (and, to be fair, some women too) who walk into a room with a swagger, kinda like The Duke: John Wayne. Call everybody "cowboy". Even cute little kittens.

So here's a break from all that.

I've been watching Seinfeld on Hulu every now and then, in original order. One of the early ones is called "The Stock Pick". Jason Alexander (George) does a great job portraying what some of these guys are like. The kind of guy who, after about five minutes, make you hear words you never thought would come out of your lips: "Thanks, but I'll just take a pass on that beer".

Go George!

Yup I knew them well. Some worked out if you were early. None worked out if you were late, just like pyramid schemes....

I wonder if Art Vandelay has a financial advisor.

I've never watched Seinfeld, but I watched that clip. I don't get it.

After posting this thread, I tried to find the cartoon with the "small problems, big problems" caption. I'd like to print it out and give it to my friends. It's getting so I'm turning into Suze minus the blindingly white teeth.

But I did come across this, "Cartoon Wisdom". Not all about investing and finance, but I like "Three Financial Experts and One Jerk", towards the end.

:D

Cartoon Wisdom - The New Yorker

Back
Top Bottom