Time for Commodities?

gcgang

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just read the dismal Oppenheimer Commodity mutual fund QRAAX is shutting down. While this looks like a mercy killing, I've had other experience with a sector fund shutting down just before a period of outperformance (BBH I think, a biotech Holder).

In any case, expectations seem very low in this area now.

Bot closed end BCX in my IRA a while back.

I hold DJCI which is an exchange traded note aligned with a basket of commodities. Its up about 8% since I bought a couple months ago. It was just a small 10k bet to prove to myself how smart I am. I guess I should sell while my self esteem is high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope so. I hold PCRIX which has been getting hosed for the last couple years. But it has enjoyed an uptick in the last few weeks!

I love to scoff at that precious metals advertisement on TV that suggests you should invest in gold and silver instead of those "volatile" stocks!

I hope so. I hold PCRIX which has been getting hosed for the last couple years. But it has enjoyed an uptick in the last few weeks!

I caved and took my profits today on DJCI... Uncle Sam takes 31% on this trade so I am 31% less smarter on the trade.. Oh well take the dough and run. I had no business buying it in the first place....

Back
Top Bottom