List of calculators?

Yarnstormer

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been using retirecalc an app on my ipad. I punched my numbers into firecalc and found it to be too optimistic for my comfort. I suppose that is because I was not able to adjust expenses over time or add in recurring income that will end at a certain date etc...

I also don't budget at all :blush: so I am estimating annual expenses. I tried to make it high though.

Is there a downloadable version of firecalc? Or am I missing the "enter the details" part on the website? I did go thru the tabs at the top. I did not see downsize house, inherit, adjust expenses etc.

I have been using retirecalc an app on my ipad. I punched my numbers into firecalc and found it to be too optimistic for my comfort. I suppose that is because I was not able to adjust expenses over time or add in recurring income that will end at a certain date etc...

I also don't budget at all :blush: so I am estimating annual expenses. I tried to make it high though.

Is there a downloadable version of firecalc? Or am I missing the "enter the details" part on the website? I did go thru the tabs at the top. I did not see downsize house, inherit, adjust expenses etc.

Check the "Portfolio Changes" tab again.

If you become a Supporter (see Supporter login on the home page) then you can vary expenses to your heart's content.

Under the Portfolio Changes tab you can add to or subtract from your portfolio lump sums on certain years.

For the recurring income you could add it as a pension when it starts and put in an offsetting off-chart spending when the income ends.

you could use this, which uses the same backtesting as firecalc with much more functionality (and the ability to vary expenses):

Crowdsourced Financial Independence and Early Retirement Simulator/Calculator

and the (much discussed here) fidelity calculator with capability to view your PF in the case of lower projected returns (also has the capability to vary income/expenses):

https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Init?AuthRedUrl=https://myguidance.fidelity.com/ftgw/guidance/customer/guidanceLanding.go

Back
Top Bottom