First post-FIRE "Holiday Weekend" except now it's not really

Aerides

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
3:20 pm on a Friday heading into what would have been one of those glorious reprieves - the 3 day weekend! The kind where everyone is out of the office and you don't even need to check email.............ahhhh

Oh wait I retired 3 weeks ago, so it's just...days. Oh and bugger that means i have to leave the house Monday for a family bbq.

(FIRE'd ppl problems - not that I'm complaining)

Well, you will soon learn that the 3-day weekends are terrible for us retirees. The stores stay crowded, the airports are crazy and well the roads..oh, the roads! I normally look very forward to Mondays, but this week I have to shift my love of other's requirement to work to Tuesday. ;)

The only nice part is that you can shift your travel without using up precious vacation days. Leave on Thursday, come back Tues or Weds, something like that. Or don't even bother with those busy times, wait for a non-holiday week and go to the beach or wherever from Mon-Thurs.

Oh and bugger that means i have to leave the house Monday for a family bbq.

Yeah, we have one tomorrow an hour away, and one on Monday that is 2 1/2 hours away. I really do like seeing the people but I wish they weren't so far away.

The only nice part is that you can shift your travel without using up precious vacation days. Leave on Thursday, come back Tues or Weds, something like that. Or don't even bother with those busy times, wait for a non-holiday week and go to the beach or wherever from Mon-Thurs.

so true! A couple years ago, DH and I were having such a wonderful time on a beach in Ft Walton on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. When I say wonderful, i really mean WONDERFUL...... then, all of a sudden, the next morning on the beach was a totally different scene. It took us a few minutes to realize it was a Saturday, which brought all these families with small children. :nonono:

Live and learn.

so true! A couple years ago, DH and I were having such a wonderful time on a beach in Ft Walton on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. When I say wonderful, i really mean WONDERFUL...... then, all of a sudden, the next morning on the beach was a totally different scene. It took us a few minutes to realize it was a Saturday, which brought all these families with small children. :nonono:

Live and learn.

Oye...the Gulf Coast of Florida. Most of the folks I went to HS that stayed in town (read between the lines; they aren't retiring anytime soon) still make an annual pilgrimage to "PCB" (Panama City Beach) like they are in 10th grade and are going on Spring Break to party like it's 1992. They post tons of pictures trying to make others jealous of their "vacation" to the Redneck Riviera. To me, that would be hell on earth; anytime of the year. I much prefer beaches that are little known to others; perhaps that is why I so disliked our Aruba trip last month...too many people! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom