Where's the Send Button in Hotmail

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Used to be fine and obvious. Now it is gone.....can create the message or adddress a to-be-forwarded message but can't find the send button. Any help appreciated.

Perhaps, timewise roughly correct but ...................
I started only browsing on the new Mac which was the one I was using when the incident happened and now I am using the OLD Mac for anything requiring logging in/passwords so
I am having the problem with the OLD Mac which shouldn't have been affected. Of course I don't know if the OLD Mac would have worked even before the incident since I haven't used it for so long.

Apparently it is not an uncommon problem.......I can google it and see that others have had the same problem but I don't understand the suggested solutions because I can't even find the tabs/buttons they talk about. If I can't fix it soon, I'm bailing to gmail.

Hotmail converted to Outlook long ago (although I still have a hotmail address, which causes young people to snicker). I can see the SEND button in my Outlook account just fine.

I use the Microsoft Office Outlook program to collect my hotmail emails along with 3 other email accounts. I prefer it to using web based email and all my email accounts are collected in one central area.

A handy tool to keep around for ferreting out URL attacks and such, is a lightweight Linux distro like Slacko (Puppy) 6.3.0. - Can boot from CD/DVD/USB, no need for a hard drive. It will be relatively clean and safe to check e-mail, bank site etc... and to test hardware/software malfunction issues.

Download latest Puppy Linux release

Actually, you may have a point. Not directly since it's the new Mac that was affected by the URL incident and it's the old Mac that has the hotmail send problem. I tried to sign up for gmail on the old Mac and it said the Safari I'm using is old and not supported so perhaps that's the problem. Won't know for sure till I get brave enough to try hotmail on the new Mac or some other computer though.

edit to add: ok perhaps mystery solved. I forgot I had Chrome on the old Mac since it disappeared from tool bar when I shut power off. Used Chrome instead of Safari and now I see the SEND button and successfully forwarded message to my Yahoo mail account.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom