Princeton Gender Inclusive Guide

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten

Attachments

• Princeton Gender Inclusive.JPG
    Princeton Gender Inclusive.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a sale on bacon down at the Piggly Wiggly?

Newspeak?

A few thoughts.

1) Does this have anything to do with Retirement? Financial Independence? Or reaching FIRE? Is it posted just to be incindiary?

2) I clicked through to the blog post. It includes a scribd embedded copy of an alleged Princeton University HR policy and/or memo. There is NO sourcing to show if this is legit or made up out of whole cloth.

3) If it is a policy memo - it actually makes sense since it is in the context of how to word JOB POSTINGS in a way that is non-discriminatory. But you would not know that unless you a) clicked through to Tyler Durden's blog post and then - actually read the memo/policy paper included in the scribd embedded object.

I don't see anything controversial with suggesting that job titles in postings/advertising try to include both genders.

From the first paragraph of the embedded memo:
Consistent with style guidelines issued by Princeton’s Office of Human Resources and Office of Communications, and as endorsed by the Institutional Equity Planning Group as a preferred University practice, HR has developed these gender inclusive style guidelines, to be utilized by all HR staff members in HR communications, policies, job descriptions, and job postings.

Newspeak?

That is one way of putting it. The stuff going on on college campuses these days does not enthuse me about sending money and my daughters to these places.

A few thoughts.

1) Does this have anything to do with Retirement? Financial Independence? Or reaching FIRE? Is it posted just to be incindiary?

2) I clicked through to the blog post. It includes a scribd embedded copy of an alleged Princeton University HR policy and/or memo. There is NO sourcing to show if this is legit or made up out of whole cloth.

3) If it is a policy memo - it actually makes sense since it is in the context of how to word JOB POSTINGS in a way that is non-discriminatory. But you would not know that unless you a) clicked through to Tyler Durden's blog post and then - actually read the memo/policy paper included in the scribd embedded object.

I don't see anything controversial with suggesting that job titles in postings/advertising try to include both genders.

This. One the absolute wonderful things I love about this forum is it's a respite from all the incendiary political conversations that are quite annoying on most forums. I really hope it gets shut down before it becomes a raging dumpster fire.

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.

A few thoughts.

It appears to be from a legitimate Princeton website:

Let me google that for you

Thanks Rustward - but Tyler Durden should have linked the source in his misleading blogpost.

I go back to my original points - this has nothing to do with FIRE and is controversial and misleading (as written up by Tyler Durden) AND it makes sense to post job descriptions and job postings in gender neutral language unless you want to be sued.

The post by Durden suggests this is being pushed on students. That is very misleading... it's a style guideline for HR professionals at the university.

Over time, most of those things on the left will sound as out of touch as saying "Air Hostess" for flight attendant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom