The Man from UNCLE is dead

Quite an educated man, with a PhD in communications from UCLA, according to IMDB. His dissertation was on the Hollywood blacklist.

Mr Vaughn was 83 when he died, Mr Cohen 81--I think nature is going on....

Yep. Did they run FIRECalc to past 100?

Yep. Did they run FIRECalc to past 100?

Actually, Leonard Cohen could have retired a long time ago, except that he spent years at a Buddhist monastery and handed over control of his assets to his FA, who embezzled his money (millions), leaving him almost penniless. She was convicted and ordered to repay the debt, but couldn't. Hence, he went back on tour for five years.

Goes to show how important it is to keep on top of your own financial matters!

Napoleon Solo was very cool. Think David McCallum is still acting on NCIS at 83.

I loved The Man From Uncle. I used to have posters of Ilia / David McCallum in my room.

RIP Robert Vaughn. I was a big fan.

Happens in threes, right? One more to go...

David Bowie, Prince, Lemmy, Blowfly, Glenn Frey, Keith Emmerson, Lonnie Mack, Toots Thielemans, Buckwheat Zydeco, Natalie Cole, Alan Rickman, Gene Wilder, Grizzly Adams, Abe Vigoda (again), Paul Kantner, Dan Hicks, George Kennedy, George Martin, Patty Duke, Merle Haggard, Wilbur from Mr. Ed, Mohammed Ali, Gordie Howe, Arnold Palmer, Joe Garagiola, Anton Yelchin, R2-D2, Lady Chablis, Janet Reno...

That's just off the top of my head. Feel free to pick one.

I was an avid watcher as a teen. Show made me appreciate the Walther P-38 pistol and all the gizmos they put on it. The pistol is forefront in the Vaughn/Solo UNCLE stills announcing the actors death.

Mr. Weatherby, (Leo. G. Carroll), died in 1972.

We were kids and played Man From UNCLE in dad's basement. I had a black turtleneck so I got to play Ilya. We had these cool guns (looked like the ones on TV) that shot dry peas. Poor dad would be down there sweeping up 2 pounds of peas after a snow day...

David Bowie, Prince, Lemmy, Blowfly, Glenn Frey, Keith Emmerson, Lonnie Mack, Toots Thielemans, Buckwheat Zydeco, Natalie Cole, Alan Rickman, Gene Wilder, Grizzly Adams, Abe Vigoda (again), Paul Kantner, Dan Hicks, George Kennedy, George Martin, Patty Duke, Merle Haggard, Wilbur from Mr. Ed, Mohammed Ali, Gordie Howe, Arnold Palmer, Joe Garagiola, Anton Yelchin, R2-D2, Lady Chablis, Janet Reno...

That's just off the top of my head. Feel free to pick one.
More specific, the three tend to be in very close succession.

Edit...like Leon Russell. That's 3 in as many days.

More specific, the three tend to be in very close succession.

Edit...like Leon Russell. That's 3 in as many days.

Damn...RIP Leon. He put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen. So much better live than in studio.

Back
Top Bottom