fidelity full view and vanguard

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
anyone else having trouble getting full view to update vanguard the last week or so ?

I've had issues with all of my non-fido accounts on full view at one time or another. Often it's just waiting. Other times, if I go back in and re-enter the password, it resolves itself.

I complained about the Full View to my Fido rep and he wasn't particularly complimentary of it. I do use it to get the total nw occasionally but the three accounts outside Fido are either manually edited by me or don't move that much that a manual insert of the password is that much of a pain.

I do not use Fidelity Full View but I believe it uses the same platform as Yodlee. On Yodlee, some pages update and others do not. I have told them about it but nothing changes.

This inconsistent handling of the data does not raise my confidence about accuracy and security. So far Personal Capital, which I am testing, seems to be working well. Much better for account information. Slightly weaker for tracking expenses.

I had to play with it several times this morning and finally got all VG accounts to update. It takes a few minutes to for the update to show in the regular portfolio view. However it is much better for us, where I can see all of our Fido and VG accounts. VG doesn't show all the external accounts and prohibits viewing of non-joint accounts unless they have a notarized agent agreement. Thus, Fido is my one stop shop for viewing all of our banks and investment accounts and doing an analysis in one place.

BTW, I had to re-enter credentials a few times to get it fixed. It seems to somehow not take the password correctly or the security question changes.

Last edited:
same here , it is working now

I spoke to soon , out again

been quite a while and still not working for me .

been quite a while and still not working for me .

Go into full view and look at account summary. On the line with your Vanguard account, click settings. A window will pop up. Just under "account nickname" click "edit Credentials". A new window will pop up with your Vanguard account ID and password. Mine was still filled out from when I put this account in full view and all I had to do was click update. That did the trick. I have to do that from time to time with other accounts as well.

On a similar note:
I always wondered comparing retirement calculator results FIDO vs VG.

VG Financial Engines constantly show ~5% off portfolio and FIDO actually shows low end ~3%

Anybody noticed this?

Full View has great potential but is very finicky, in my experience, so I don't look at it that often.

On a similar note:
I always wondered comparing retirement calculator results FIDO vs VG.

VG Financial Engines constantly show ~5% off portfolio and FIDO actually shows low end ~3%

Anybody noticed this?

fidelity is a bit tougher. it inflates healthcare costs at 5.50% and long term care costs the same. it used to inflate healthcare by 7.50% but it has come down .

fidelity also goes for a 90% success rate based on monte carlo simulations and not historical .

fidelity uses a variable inflation rate too based on a few different parameters . .

fidelity said they finally found the issue . if you use the new experimental view at vanguard it will not work with full view . you have to go back to the original view . just tried it and it works

fidelity said they finally found the issue . if you use the new experimental view at vanguard it will not work with full view . you have to go back to the original view . just tried it and it works

How do you switch back to the old view?

in vanguard there was a prompt at the top left that said switch back to old view

Back
Top Bottom