HELP! Christmas gift for wife

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Here I am again wondering what to get my wife for Christmas. The thing is I want to get her something but what? Please if there is any suggestions please post them here. Lol

You'll need to give us more info to get useful ideas. How old is she? How long have you been married? What does she say she wants? What does she like?

You're in trouble if your wife is like mine. Whenever I ask her wants she wants for Christmas, she says nothing. I'll be watching this thread to see what others recommend.

Get your wife an Amazon Echo, that's what I told my wife to get me.

If she doesn't say, obviously she wants some new power tools and electronics.

If you really cared about her, you'd know what she wants. :hide:
Kidding!!!

Yes, we need more details. What are her hobbies, where do you live, what does she like?

Here are some ideas of things that I either appreciated when I got them, or are on my wishlist:

Wool socks
Cordless drill
Amazon Echo
Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle books
IPad
Running shoes
Knuckle lights (Google them-- perfect for runners or dog walkers)
Quilting rulers
Sewing machine
Flannel-lined jeans
Spray skirt for my kayak
High-tech cold weather gear
Hiking boots
Tickets to a Phillies game
Tickets to a college basketball game
Basket for my bike so I can ride on errands
Buffs
Lavender-scented sleep lotion

You may notice that there's no jewelry on my list. I don't wear it. That's why we need to know what your wife likes to do!

Gift certificate to a store she likes.

If she is a reader a Kindle with a gift card for books
If she has a favorite store a gift card and a small present
You an never go wrong with flowers not a plant flowers
If she has a favorite perfume buy a bottle
Cashmere sweaters are always nice
Jewelry if you know what she likes
A very nice robe
Concert tickets
Expensive sunglasses
A week end for two in a B&B
no slap Jack or vacuums or anything for the kitchen unless she loves to cook and has been dying for a specific item
Spa gift card but no treadmill

Geez, don't you guys listen. I listen and make note of different things that people I buy gifts for tell me they'd like to buy/find. My grandmother broke one of her old bread proofing bowls. I had a picture of the bowl and had a potter make a new one. My sister admires and comments on a pair of earrings that I made for another sister every time she wears them. Took me a while to find the right stones but she's getting a similar pair this Christmas. My grandfather collects old original firemarks and a friend found one for me in Philadelphia. My parents love going out to dinner and appreciate gift certificates. I also get my mom flowers for Christmas and a gift certificate to the florist so she can send flowers to whoever she wants.
Does your wife collect anything, enjoy mani/Pedi's or facials or hair salon. Gift certificates to salons are nice. Does she bake/cook, there may be a place in your area that has cooking lessons. Or take her out for a special dinner if she enjoys dining out.
I go to the car wash pretty frequently and my husband gets me a gift certificate to my favorite car wash.<<Most females would probably not like this.

My wife just turned 60 and we been married 33 years. She is not an outdoor person (hiking or fishing type) but does like to be out in the yard in the summer with her plants etc.

She reads all the time and has a Kindle and that stuff. She has more gardening tools etc. then she know where to use them. Lol

Jewelry and cloths are out I don't go there she would love them but not use them.

You live in Montana? LL bean wicked good slippers? Fleece lounging pjs? UGGs?realize these are all apparel but different than buying a dress etc

Get her a gift certificate to something you two can do together. If she likes wine, do one of the wine and paint night events. It's not about the painting or the wine [okay, maybe the wine counts], just doing something different. How about a concert, a musical/theater. A day at the spa to pamper herself. A trip to the wine country. Stay at a bed and breakfast -- do something she would never expect, something she would enjoy but would need to step outside for comfort zone. A trip to Vegas to see a show....

How about a trip to a beautiful garden that she would like to see?

Geez, don't you guys listen. I listen and make note of different things that people I buy gifts for tell me they'd like to buy/find.

+1 To some that comes naturally, for others it takes practice.

No jewelry or perfume, but I love the Lush Bath Bombs, and massages are always good. Cooking classes for 2 at Central Market, SPURS tickets!!! And any kind of travel or nice dinner out. Even a really good bottle of champagne that I would never spend money on. Oohhh, champagne and lush bath bombs, that's a winner!

If she doesn't say, obviously she wants some new power tools and electronics.

...said Worst Husband Ever. (just kidding!!)

a gift card to Barnes and Noble?

Does your wife have an old collection of LP's?

This year I asked Santa for a turntable. Maybe I will finally listen to the records that have been sitting in a crate for 30 years.

For a gardener, you can buy her amaryllis bulbs for indoor flowers. Also orchid plants which last months in the house. Or some of the indoor forcing bulbs.

If she doesn't have good gardening tools, a GC to a place that carries them. Nitrile gardening gloves. Does she have a nice picking basket to bring in the vegetables she has grown or any flowers cut outside?

Gardeners supply has nice gardening gifts....

Shhh (Got her an indian head nickle from her Mom's birth year. and a bunch of other indian heads that could be buttons or sumpin. Got her another indian head, but heavier and bigger)

How necessary is it to be a total surprise?

One thing that DH and I have occasionally done that is wonderful:

1. I make a Wishlist of Kindle books that I want and he buys some of them for me.

2. One year we each looked on Amazon and found some things that we wanted but maybe wouldn't have bought for ourselves and then sent the links to the other who would buy one of the item.

3. I just bought some things from the LL Bean catalog. They really had a lot of nice stuff. Have her go through the catalog for there (or somewhere else) and circle the items she thinks she would like

4. A gift certificate to some place she likes but you want her to pick out what she gets. Last year I requested DH give me a gift certificate to Pandora because I wanted to make a bracelet. Since then I've marked a wishlist of charms that I would like to receive as gifts. So DH can just look at those.

5. Look at things that she has and loves, but might want an update. An example from DH's birthday this year. He had a ChargeHR Fitbit. He liked it, but there was a newer model the ChargeHR 2 that had just come out. It has features that I knew he would like, but I also knew he was reluctant to just replace his ChargeHR since it was still functional. But, I knew he really liked the new features. So I solved his dilemma by buying him the ChargeHR 2. So, for your wife, maybe look to see what she has that she might be happy to upgrade or get in a newer form but might not leap to do it herself.

Got mine an Elgato and portable hard drive so I can convert all of the VHS tapes to digital. She's mentioned this for a few years now....now if I can just find a way to convert all of the 8mm Sony tapes.

Winner!

I asked my wife what she wanted and a day later she came to me with a catalog from Bed, Bath and Beyond--she had circled a table-top s'mores maker. I bought it. Then she told me I had just paid for a ticket to a Neil Diamond concert for her. Two gifts... two home runs.

We've been married for 43 years. I have come to the realization that unless I ask her what she wants, she probably won't like what I get for her.

We are trying to buy less "stuff" these days, so one of the things I picked out for my wife is a DNA test from 23andMe. They send you a kit, then you send back your saliva and they tell you about your ancestry. It might seem like an odd gift, but my wife is the type who would enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom