Landlords: an alternative to rent bumps?

Works great till you get an engineer as a tenant and they figure out you can flush it for free by dumping a gallon or two of water into the bowl.

Works great till you get an engineer as a tenant and they figure out you can flush it for free by dumping a gallon or two of water into the bowl.

Dammit! Shush! That's proprietary information.

That kinda looks like a stall... which means it is a 'public' toilet and not in an apartment...

They charge for toilets all over in Europe... I got chased down the street in Germany as I did not know you were supposed to pay....

They charge for toilets all over in Europe... I got chased down the street in Germany as I did not know you were supposed to pay....
In Peru, I encountered poor people haunting the public toilets and seeking a donation, as well as selling toilet paper. They know when you are most vulnerable.....

In Peru, I encountered poor people haunting the public toilets and seeking a donation, as well as selling toilet paper. They know when you are most vulnerable.....

Yea, when I was in Egypt I thought the same.... but they were the official toilet monitors!!!

I cannot see how this would work - as it is a public toilet punters would just leave it without flushing?

That kinda looks like a stall... which means it is a 'public' toilet and not in an apartment...

How can you tell? It seems to me there's a sink on the left but the photo is cropped pretty tight.

Like Fuego, if it were in a normal bathroom I'd keep a bucket of water in there and fill it from the tub.

Even by slumlord standards that's pretty sleazy though.

I don't even know how it would work - the tank top looks removable and I can't imagine how the locking would take place between coin chute and toilet valve. Better picture here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/8xO1e
Note no visible electrical supply and is that a plastic tank? if not, can you imagine boring a hole in the tank for the mystery locking device.

Methinks the Melbourne landlord has a quirky sense of humor that I like.

I'm betting the whole thing is a hoax.

Perhaps someone's computer calendar is running 3 months fast.

I, for one, would not want to introduce *any* friction between my tenant and the intended usage of the toilet.

No good can come from that. :sick:

-gauss

Last edited:
How can you tell? It seems to me there's a sink on the left but the photo is cropped pretty tight.

Like Fuego, if it were in a normal bathroom I'd keep a bucket of water in there and fill it from the tub.

Even by slumlord standards that's pretty sleazy though.

OK... looked at the pic closer... I think I was wrong... it looked like a partition when I first looked at it... but clearly it is a wall...

Like others... I would fix the problem some other way.... lift up the lid and just pull the chain... or, run a string out the top to also pull the chain...

Back
Top Bottom