Can't Access Yahoo Site (& Y-mail)

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Accessed it yesterday including mail as usual. This morning I can't access it tho all other sites I've tried work fine. The "is it down" website says Yahoo is up.

Tried various combinations.....normally use Chrome on the new Mac. Tried Safari, tried clearing cache on Chrome, rebooting Mac. Tried the old Mac.
Same problem.

In the past, I've experienced a similar problem accessing .gov sites.
The suggestion then was to change from the IP providers DNS servers so
I used the Google servers. That seemed to work fine until this AM.
Added the Open DNS servers but that did not solve the problem.

Any ideas?

After seeing this post, I went to Yahoo, signed into my yahoo email, and so on. No difficulties whatsoever from here in New Orleans using Windows 10 and MSIE.

I have cable internet. As much as I hate the insanely exorbitant price ($77.99/month for mid speed), I must admit it is pretty reliable. Never had trouble with gov sites that weren't down.

Could it be confined to your area or maybe your ISP?

Last edited:
Working fine for me BUT moments ago I got an email from my brother using one of his Non-Yahoo email addresses. He told me he has been unable to get into Yahoo all morning. He's getting "Server not found "

I am in the Midwest he is in the Northeast. Yahoo might be doing some rolling server maintenance... or it's an insidious denial of service attack thingy again and targeting the Northeast would cause the most inconvenience to the most people......?

Anyway you're not the only one

Working for me, although I did notice a momentary outage accessing Yahoo earlier this morning. (about 8:45 for a few minutes)

I haven't gone to the Yahoo website for (many) months but I had no problem accessing it a minute ago.

Oh! I have a couple of spreadsheets that update using Yahoo Finance... so say it has been a month, six weeks.

I've been using both Yahoo and Gmail without any big issues. I still use Yahoo but more limited now.

I've really like the Inbox that Google created (for gmail accounts). For trips it automatically sorts your mail with reservations and they are sequentially displayed. There is a separate Trips folder and a nice iconic block to click on.

Thanks for that link. Saw it this AM in the google list but went to the old reliable "is it down" site. Yours does show an increasing incident report
today so maybe there is hope . At the library now using their computer and Yahoo is up so I don't know if it's my computers or a time variable here, hopefully the latter.

Lesson learned hopefully.............I use Y-mail folders to store stuff.....like my backup brain......but if I can't access it.................might have to do more backup storing on hotmail.

Yea! There's a big red blob on the West Coast..............hopefully this means it's in Y's hands,not mine.

Last edited:
Haven't been on my Yahoo mail for over a year, just logged in with no issues. I only use it for a dump address it had 3,000 unread e-mails all now deleted. Now I guess I will go do some housekeeping on my AOL dump address.

Back
Top Bottom