Super Bowl LI: Fox Sports Wins With a Cord Cutting Touchdown!

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Probably doesn't apply to most of us but...

this year brings good news! Fox has made it easy for all of us to catch the big game on the Fox Sports Go app. This is your go-to option because the app runs on all major set-top and mobile devices. These devices include Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV, and of course some smart TVs will carry it as well.

Super Bowl LI: Fox Sports Wins With a Cord Cutting Touchdown! | Audioholics

I did TRY to watch it on Fox Sports Go. Worked fine until things got interesting in the middle of the 4th Q. Then the feed dropped out.

Fortunately I had a back-up plan and listened to the plays on the radio until I figured out that the Spanish language video feed was still working. Turned the Fox sound off and went with the (local) radio announcers. Whew! Made the commercials pretty interesting, too.

Could you imaging missing that last Quarter:confused:??

I managed to avoid NFL football for the entire season, up until the 2nd quarter of the Super Bowl. The wife wanted to see if anything interesting happened at halftime, and we weren't doing anything else. We watched on the FoxSportsGo app on our Roku TV. Kudos for the tech, but my brain feels traumatized from all the freaking advertisements. Yeesh.

I did TRY to watch it on Fox Sports Go. Worked fine until things got interesting in the middle of the 4th Q. Then the feed dropped out.

Fortunately I had a back-up plan and listened to the plays on the radio until I figured out that the Spanish language video feed was still working. Turned the Fox sound off and went with the (local) radio announcers. Whew! Made the commercials pretty interesting, too.

If it makes you feel any better, I watched OTA, but my set up is when a train goes by, sometimes that causes interference and I almost missed the second 2 point conversion.

...my brain feels traumatized from all the freaking advertisements. Yeesh.

Hey, at least they were the high-end SuperBowl commercials. AND they only repeated a couple of times each.

We did a one-month Roku trial, the lower tier with commercials.

Talk about traumatized! They run the same THREE commercials at EVERY commercial break, several times during each show, all day, every day.

And these clearly did NOT have the budget of SuperBowl commercials.

I see the strategy. At that point, if you haven't worn out your "mute" button or committed Hari-Kari, the higher commercial-free tier becomes a necessity. After a month, you'd pay ANYthing to make them go away.

More like a cord cutting FUMBLE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom