Go fly a kite!

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
The man flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada.
He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year.

His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt off. He is deaf, so when he flies people hold their hands up and wave them for applause.
He flies 2 with his hands and the 3rd one is attached to his waist.
Watch or skip to the end to see the amazing landing of that last kite!

You or I would have those kites so tangled up, you could never get them separated again!

I had a hard enough time with 1 kite. That is an amazing skill.

Years ago, I saw some folks on the seawall in Galveston Texas flying trick kites like these when the wind was blowing out to sea. I've also seen the seagulls dive (or dodge) them at times. They were pretty impressive and fun to watch.

DH & I used to make kites and we'd travel up to WSIKF nearly every year. Glad to see Ray is still going strong. :)

I use to go on an annual trip where there was a kite shop. I bought a number of kites and very much enjoyed flying them. I've done three at a time before, but not like that. I would drive a stake and tie them off so I could get a few of them up at one time and create a view.

This was one of my hobbies until just a few years ago, but with home made kites, and no more than two at a time. Used to fly them at Daytona Beach.
Something about flying kites is liberating. The video is awesome. Maybe it's time to re-engage. Still have the line and the U controls. :)

Incredible. It is really hard to believe he is doing this. How can he have such control with the one connected to his waist?

-ERD50

Wow! When my son was young we had fun flying kites and it was so fun. Thanks for sharing that.

my largest kite, as 21 meter.

Attachments

• 221.jpg
    221.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 4
my largest kite, as 21 meter.

Wow, impressive - wouldn't that pull you into the air?

Can you even grasp what this guy in the video is doing? It seems nearly impossible to me! I could see doing one, maybe two, but that would be so much more difficult - but three? That boggles my mind!

-ERD50

The man flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada.
He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year.

His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt off. He is deaf, so when he flies people hold their hands up and wave them for applause.
He flies 2 with his hands and the 3rd one is attached to his waist.
Watch or skip to the end to see the amazing landing of that last kite!

You or I would have those kites so tangled up, you could never get them separated again!

Incredible! Just incredible! Have you seen him perform this live? Is he this flawless all the time?:bow::bow::bow:

Back
Top Bottom