Bain Capin discussion for my company

savory

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi,

The company from where I retired was acquired a few years ago. They continued to provide health care and allowed for the continued growth of deferral money. It was almost seamless to me.

They are now in negotiations with Bain Capital. I am concerned with the potential impact on various benefit programs. Obviously, at minimum I would like the process to be seamless again.

Does anyone have experience with Bain, especially post acquisition?

Thanks

While not as aggressive as 3G, when Bain Capital comes in they do look at every aspect of the business.

Healthcare benefits for employees are usually not a prime item that gets handled first, but costs in general can be. Much depends on why they are acquiring, the current state of the business (growing/turnaround) and the management team (e.g. will it be replaced?).

It's the management consultant mindset: What is the investment thesis? Where do we add value first and most? That's what they will go after.

Which is a roundabout way of saying: noone can tell, but likely at first it won't be top of mind. Especially if in the P&L healthcare benefits don't carry much weight.

Back
Top Bottom