Post Questions/Comments For Dex here

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
After I don't know after how many years, I revived a few of 'The Best of Dex' posts.
I think they will generally follow the ark most people who are interested in early retirement will follow.
If there are some questions; post them here.

What have you been doing? RV'ing?

Hi Dex,
Read a few this morning. Would be nice to hear a summary of your 10 year journey, it sounds like it might be pretty interesting, and similar to the one I'm planning for my wife and I.

A lot of posters in those threads I have never seen before.

Why did you feel compelled to bomb the forum with self indulgent garbage last night?
+1, I was wondering the same. Some sort of April Fools?

I admit, a number of them caught my eye with interesting subject matter.

But then I read the dates. Next I started noticing the OP's ID.

I'm still a little confused about why now, and why so many?

But, I'm very interested in reading ONE thread on how the last 10 years went for you, Dex.

Why did you feel compelled to bomb the forum with self indulgent garbage last night?

I agree... was hoping the mods would fix it...

I think that I will finally put someone one ignore if I see something like that again...

VERY inconsiderate DEX...

I personally don't see what the fuss is all about. Old threads pop up all the time. Inactivity just makes them fall away eventually. There's some good info in there that us with less than 5 figure post counts haven't seen yet. No biggie.

Interesting, I tried to resurrect a thread that is 18 months but I was not the OP, so I wasn't able to.

What have you been doing? RV'ing?

Time files, I've been RVing and just went full time - sold the house and have a travel trailer.

Hi Dex,
Read a few this morning. Would be nice to hear a summary of your 10 year journey, it sounds like it might be pretty interesting, and similar to the one I'm planning for my wife and I.

That is difficult. Reading your question I think it would have been good to write a journal. Time flies. I think I joined this site in 2003 and retired in 2006 and it has been 10 years in full retirement.

The answer to your question is: You are who you are and what I did will not be what you did. Who you are will not change when you retire.

Sometimes I think I should be accomplishing something, but then I think why?
I enjoy Rving/traveling and hiking. I think the worst thing that could happen to me is to have a health problem.

A lot of posters in those threads I have never seen before.

I think people get tired of the same topics and they move on with their lives.

I personally don't see what the fuss is all about. Old threads pop up all the time. Inactivity just makes them fall away eventually. There's some good info in there that us with less than 5 figure post counts haven't seen yet. No biggie.

He added nothing to the threads... and a LOT of them... they covered almost the whole page when I looked, so maybe 25 or so threads brought up from ancient history... none that I looked at (admit I looked at a couple) were interesting...

I have no problem with someone bringing up an old thread to update... but that is usually one thread and actually an update... not a single letter or number...

I have no problem with someone bringing up an old thread to update... but that is usually one thread and actually an update... not a single letter or number...
Yes, I thought it was a bit odd too but, as my Mum used to say (and lots of people's Mums probably) it takes all types.........

Back
Top Bottom