Biggest or most expensive thing you ordered from Amazon.

bw5972

Recycles dryer sheets
I've seen the thread on "the latest", now I'm curious on if you ever used Amazon for something substantial in size or value. Did it come with free shipping?

The largest thing I ever bought was a small chest freezer (3.5 cubic feet capacity). 60 lbs and free shipping.

Most expensive: I wanted a platinum chain to hold my late DH's wedding band and a silver charm with a digital version of his fingerprint on it. (Platinum is far stronger than gold. Why not stainless steel? Because I wanted platinum, that's why.) Not the kind of thing you can buy in a jewelry store. It cost $1,300.

The biggest and, I think, the most expensive thing I've ordered was a golf cart, about 5Kg, over $200.

Never anything too big that it couldn't be lifted by hand. Most expensive was vacuum cleaner @ $400. Most expensive order was when I rebuilt the house and ordered the faucets.

I think the biggest and most expensive was an adjustable bed foundation. $700, 80x59x9 and 123 pounds. They were twice as much in the mattress store I first looked at. I love it, especially right now as I'm trying to get over bronchitis, as it helps to sleep somewhat elevated.

IIRC I was able to be home and watch for the UPS man and help him get it in the door. I had a friend come help me get it upstairs. Not that hard, but way too clumsy to do on my own. In my stupider years I'd have tried it.

Biggest, and most expensive, was a bathroom vanity with a marble top. It was approx 450 lbs delivered. $1,849 and Free shipping. In a couple of weeks will need to be moved upstairs which will be interesting :)

Biggest, and most expensive, was a bathroom vanity with a marble top. It was approx 450 lbs delivered. $1,849 and Free shipping. In a couple of weeks will need to be moved upstairs which will be interesting :)

Fantastic! Wonder what the fully burdened shipping would have been.

Treadmill, about $700. Free shipping if I remember correctly.

Also have bought a couple of dressers (not as bulky or heavy the treadmill).

I've seen the thread on "the latest", now I'm curious on if you ever used Amazon for something substantial in size or value. Did it come with free shipping?

The largest thing I ever bought was a small chest freezer (3.5 cubic feet capacity). 60 lbs and free shipping.

Back in 2013 I ordered a 55" Panasonic plasma TV. It came with free shipping, and in fact, the shipping company men put it on the entertainment center and helped me to set it up so that they could establish that it was working before they left. They weren't required to do that, and I didn't pay extra for it, but played the "little old lady card" to the hilt.

It was 62 pounds; the package was 81 pounds.

I ordered the 93 pound entertainment center from Amazon also in 2013, two weeks before ordering the TV. Shipping for this was free too, but it was 93 pounds. It was a real bear to assemble.

I didn't realize it, but I've never ordered anything big or expensive from Amazon (1st order 2006), not that I'd have any reservations doing so. I've found local or other online merchants pricing is just as good or better than most Amazon merchants, so what I've ordered has mostly been hard to find items. My most expensive item was $79.95. :blush:

Apprently the heaviest thing with free shipping on Amazon right now is this 6,700 pound geared head engine lathe. And I though the 500 pound gun safe in my cart was impressive!

The biggest, heaviest thing I've ordered from Amazon was a massive 4" memory foam mattress topper for a king sized bed. It came rolled up and vacuum sealed, but even so, the box was like 4'x4' and the thing was already thick enough for me to lay on before it unrolled.

The most expensive thing I ordered from Amazon were all the parts I needed to create a custom gaming PC. If you can count that as one thing.

The biggest thing I ever bought on Amazon:
a codpiece (fortunately, shipping was free)

Sometimes two unrelated posts in a row can be funny, even when the first attempt at humor wasn't.

I bought a kitchen sink. Not that big but bulky. Not as happy with it as I thought. If I had seen it in a store I would have known better. Same thing with the ceiling fan I bought, looked good in picture-tacky in reality.
I did buy a tv once, but from Target not Amazon just because it would not fit in my car. They did not carry it up my front steps. grrr

The biggest thing I ever got from Amazon was probably a front bumper for my Civic. That may also have been the single most expensive too, although I cannot really recall, as I have ordered a vast number of things - from a tuxedo to spark plugs.

That's an easy one. The biggest thing I ever bought there was a set of 2 lounge chairs. They were shipped fully assembled and the carton was HUGE (about the size of a casket). Not particularly heavy, but awkward.

We also ordered a front bumper for my toyota highlander. But I think the double sink was bigger/heavier. Unfortunately, it arrived having been run over by a wheeled vehicle (tread marks on the cardboard). So glad we opened it to inspect before the trucker (not fedex/ups - it was a trucking service) left... we rejected it and got a refund. When I submitted pictures of the box prior to opening it - and the very broken/multiple pieces there was no issue with the refund.

Most expensive.... not sure... Kids have built their own computers with stuff ordered off amazon - but it was separate items (cpu, motherboard, ram, etc.)

I priced refrigerators 2 weeks ago - but ended up ordering a fridge from our local sears because it was 60% off since our sears is shutting down next month.

I priced refrigerators 2 weeks ago - but ended up ordering a fridge from our local sears because it was 60% off since our sears is shutting down next month.
Excellent deal! I love my Sears refrigerator.

Excellent deal! I love my Sears refrigerator.
And now you can buy your Kenmore applicances and soon Whole Foods groceries from Amazon! I wonder if Amazon will own everything in my lifetime...

Amazon isn't buying Kenmore, it's just a new distribution channel.

I bought a French Oak Wine Barrel for $1200 from a dealer because of free shipping. If I order it before noon, I'll get it by 10 am next day delivered to my front door.

We ordered a pool heater, 262 pounds shipping weight, $1,900 with free shipping (including sales tax), delivered to our driveway in a remote and expensive location to send freight. Not only was the heater extremely well-priced, the shipping would have probably been at least $500.

Not from Amazon, but we also ordered a fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave/exhaust fan, and beverage center delivered to the same location. Bought from www.abt.com, which has excellent pricing. No tax, free shipping, $6,200. Wouldn't want to guess what freight would have cost, but would have been a lot.

Back
Top Bottom