9/11 Tribute Lights

Blue Collar Guy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For the last few days from my deck & balcony, and front stoop I can see the Blue search lights that occupy and mimic the Old World Trade towers. An awesome sight, and very sobering:(. Called my old partner who has since retired to Florida. He has no power due to the storm , but he has cell phone service. He picked it up on the first ring and said "Yup, knew you would call". How time flies.

That must indeed be an awesome and sobering sight.

Today I saw 6 American flags that homeowners put out just on the next residential block over from us, and more on our block although I didn't count them. People remember and will never forget. It's as though it happened yesterday.

That must indeed be an awesome and sobering sight.

Today I saw 6 American flags that homeowners put out just on the next residential block over from us, and more on our block although I didn't count them. People remember and will never forget. It's as though it happened yesterday.

Unfortunately, people will forget over time...

How many people remember Dec 7th? This is the worst disaster in American History (according to some) and it usually gets a nod from just a few...

Once everybody is dead who was alive when it happened it will be old history and just another day with something on whatever is the history channel at that time...

Who remembers the 1900 hurricane that hit Galveston and killed between 6 and 12K people? This was nature, but a large loss of life...

Don't worry if you didn't remember it... they say the memory is the first thing to go. :LOL: The rest of us will remind you.
:hide:

Don't worry if you didn't remember it... they say the memory is the first thing to go. :LOL: The rest of us will remind you.
:hide:

Me, I will always remember as I was there... looking out my apt window...

Yesterday IMBY was just like "that day", beautiful clear blue skies.

I was taking Australian friends to catch a bus to NYC as the second tower was hit. At the bus terminal is when we heard the news. The buses were still running at that time into the city.

I said "The world has just changed, let's go home."

I'll never forget.

At the time a college friend of mine worked as a Port Authority officer. She had been with them for about 15 years at that point, and she had been in the WTC during the 1993 bombing.

I live and work in NC, but a lot of my coworkers back then had friends and family members in NYC.

We were all frantic to reach our people in NYC, and of course communications were down for a while, and it was very hard to reach people.

I was unable to reach my friend for days (until 9/15). The Port Authority lost 37 officers that day. I remember leaving a tearful message on her answering machine (we all had those back then!) begging anyone to get back to me to let me know if she had survived. She finally called me back. She had not slept or been home since 9/11.

A few years later we lost touch (as you do). I imagine she has retired by now.

I will never forget.

Back
Top Bottom