Just finished phase 1

97guns

Full time employment: Posting here.
I just finished phase 1 of operation "create income", sold off 40k of silver yesterday and will be throwing it to 2 high yield etfs, phase 2 calls for another 40k sell off and 2 more issues and phase 3 will be another 20-40k to create around 17k a year through dividends.

I always hear "don't care base yield" but that's what I am, a yield chase

I just finished phase 1 of operation "create income", sold off 40k of silver yesterday and will be throwing it to 2 high yield etfs, phase 2 calls for another 40k sell off and 2 more issues and phase 3 will be another 20-40k to create around 17k a year through dividends.

I always hear "don't care base yield" but that's what I am, a yield chase

Was it coins or bullion? Did you make money on the per ounce sale?

Bullion, I started buying at $16 and under but bought into the $30's too, I had 16000 oz at one time, down to about half that now. I'll still be hanging on to my gold but felt I need to get some of it working for me.

Bullion, I started buying at $16 and under but bought into the $30's too, I had 16000 oz at one time, down to about half that now. I'll still be hanging on to my gold but felt I need to get some of it working for me.
You have $10M in gold bullion?

What kind of ETFs are you targeting to get a 17% yield?

What kind of ETFs are you targeting to get a 17% yield?

bdcl, reml, amjl, and morl, all paying over 17%

Can anyone shed some light on these issues, charts look pretty solid and dividends have never been cut

bdcl, reml, amjl, and morl, all paying over 17%

Can anyone shed some light on these issues, charts look pretty solid and dividends have never been cut

No personal experience, but with most of the high yield ETFs, total return stinks.

BigCharts shows BDCL shows data going back only as far as 2012. It is currently down 30% from that time but at one time was down 60%

MORL looks like it goes back to 2013 and is currently down 25% from then and was down 66% at one time. Doesn't look like capital preservation I don't care what the div payout is.

BigCharts shows BDCL shows data going back only as far as 2012. It is currently down 30% from that time but at one time was down 60%

MORL looks like it goes back to 2013 and is currently down 25% from then and was down 66% at one time. Doesn't look like capital preservation I don't care what the div payout is.

That's why I'm looking for insight on these issues, I only saw the charts to 2012 and 2013, I figured that's when they started, didn't realize they go back further

That's why I'm looking for insight on these issues, I only saw the charts to 2012 and 2013, I figured that's when they started, didn't realize they go back further

Too risky for me. I am going for the safety of the Roulette wheel.

How about REML?

BigCharts shows it's only been around since mid 2016. Currently up 28%. Woopee. Personally I wouldn't touch any of these with a 10 foot pole. Boom-crash-boom-crash-boom-crash. Maybe in a few years they will find their sea legs and steady out.

I once took a seminar in stock market investing (a jillion yrs ago) I remember they guy saying when a company pays an outsized dividend it's because nobody wants to buy their stock. Basically ya gotta bribe people to by it.

Now these are ETFs. Maybe there's something else going on behind the green door that makes it all make sense. Nevertheless, with these kinds of dividends ..... The things that make you go "hmmm...?"

BigCharts shows it's only been around since mid 2016. Currently up 28%. Woopee. Personally I wouldn't touch any of these with a 10 foot pole. Boom-crash-boom-crash-boom-crash. Maybe in a few years they will find their sea legs and steady out.

I once took a seminar in stock market investing (a jillion yrs ago) I remember they guy saying when a company pays an outsized dividend it's because nobody wants to buy their stock. Basically ya gotta bribe people to by it.

Now these are ETFs. Maybe there's something else going on behind the green door that makes it all make sense. Nevertheless, with these kinds of dividends ..... The things that make you go "hmmm...?"

Im not persuaded but will give more thought and research more, still seeking double digit yields. I was thinking of going with 5 issues at 20k a piece but now with your scare tactics I'm now thinking more like 6 or 7 at 10-15k a piece. I am a little more risk tolerant with this money, I view it as playing with house money, its money accumulated from rental income

A friend of mine retired in 1999 as part of an early retirement package. The company gave them a few months pay and dropped some of the early retirement age penalties on the pension calculation. It was not a bad deal, if you were close to retiring anyway.

He shared with me the secret: "Anybody can make 15% in the market!"

qs9u20.jpg

Picked up my first 4 issues this morning, 18% average dividend yield

Back
Top Bottom