Most inspiring story

Mdlerth

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've been reading a lot of threads here recently which, while fascinating, have been downers. We've been sharing anecdotes of loved ones who careen down financially and personally destructive paths. That we either once did or perhaps still do care about them makes it painful to watch their struggles.

So perhaps we are aching for a far, far, more uplifting story:
Rob Jones' Journey: Double amputee runs 31 marathons for veterans ...

I know it isn't retirement related, but it cheered me up after so many sad tales.

Awesome story! I also saw it on Fox News this morning.
And, perhaps it is retirement related. I think most of us here are "Dream Pursuers." Retirement just happens to be one dream that have caught (or are in the process of catching). Now, we're all chasing other dreams, just like Rob Jones is doing (except his dream is super-sized, on jumbo steroids, and is jumping the shark ginormous). Ours are perhaps H. O. scale. :)

I saw this story as well, what amazing physiology and mental drive he must have to be able to run that much in such a short time. I was watching him run and trying to determine how the prosthetic fits, meaning hip, upper leg etc. Either way, its wonderful that people have developed these prosthetics.

A similarly inspiring story of a 100% disabled Air Force member who insisted on going back on active duty, and did.
MSgt Israel Del Toro
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 4.46.26 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom