Volume too low on YouTube, while normal streaming videos from elsewhere

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
No idea what to do. Even with volume turned all the way up, volume too low from Youtube. But normal if I listen to Netflix or Amazon movies. This symptom just seemed to show up several months ago.

PC running Windows 10, Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers seem same. Any ideas?

Ha

actually have the same problem only showed up a couple weeks ago and yes I do realize there are two volume settings and both are set on highest setting possible butl still exists

Just checked and YouTube volume is completely normal for me.
Using Safari browser on a MacBook Pro.

I have the same issue. I have to jack the volume up super high on the computer when I watch Youtube videos. Painful to the ears when I forget to reduce when I leave Youtube!

If I turn both volumes up to maximum, I can hear and understand youtube from my laptop when I go to the kitchen (leaving the laptop in the den). That's all I need.

I admit that I have no idea if the volume capability is less now than it used to be.

I've had the same issue, but found a cure that works for me. I have absolutely no idea why it works but:

I simply unplug the audio plug from the computer and plug it back in. Then I get normal volume.

Perhaps this pleases the audio gods or something. At least I don't have to find a virgin to sacrifice. That would be a lot more work.

I use pair of external cheapo speakers that has it's own power source, on/off switch & volume control. Plug into headphone jack of laptop. Never any issues with volume.
If needed just turn up volume on the external speakers. (hope that makes sense).

Same issue. I plug in headphones if I need to hear. Annoying.

I did notice today that when I went from youtube to a video on another website, the other one was uncomfortably loud! So I had to turn it down.

Maybe the Acer computer that I bought last April has unusually good speakers? I am not an audiophile and have no clue.

Anyway, I can still hear youtube news and political rants in the kitchen when I am cooking, maybe 20-25 feet away from the laptop and over the cooking noises.

I watch youtube through my Firestick. No problem there. I have JBL speakers connected to my tv. Youtube through my laptop has never sounded that great.

I've had the same issue, but found a cure that works for me. I have absolutely no idea why it works but:

I simply unplug the audio plug from the computer and plug it back in. Then I get normal volume.

Perhaps this pleases the audio gods or something. At least I don't have to find a virgin to sacrifice. That would be a lot more work.

A bug in Windows 10 that came free with a recent OS update?

That's called "Plug and Play". :)

I just checked and I get the same thing, super low volume on u tube.
I'm not on Windows.

Well, that's not Windoze then. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom