Portfolio Visualizer

Gotadimple

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I picked up a reference to this website by reading Alan Roth's January 10, 2018 blog post (link below). Has any tried this tool?

https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/
Portfolio Visualizer is a set of free analytics that includes backtesting a portfolio along with tactical allocation and optimization tools. I haven't tried it. It is free, registration lets you store your analysis on their site.

Alan Roth's blog articles describes a look at Schwab's Robo Advisor versus a do it yourself simple portfolio, results are analyzed by Portfolio Visualizer. Here's a link to the blog
Simplicity Vs. Schwab’s Robo Portfolio | ETF.com

- Rita

Yes, I use it occasionally to compare portfolio options. Good tool. I like that it has options for contributions or withdrawals, rebalancing or not, etc.

Yup - discussed all the time here and over at bogleheads. You can use the search utility in this forum to find previous discussions and comments about it.

Big fan of Portfolio Visualizer ... one feature I'd missed before is that you can model sequence of returns outcomes in the Monte Carlo application. It lets you pack your worst year(s) up front versus randomly distributed to see how you'd fare. Sobering ...

I have used it and it gives a great picture of past returns. I am still looking for one that will give me future returns with accuracy.

I just received an email stating that Portfolio Visualizer is going to a paid subscription mode. There will also be a free version. The email did not mention what the differences between the two will be.

To better support our development efforts and data licensing requirements we plan to introduce optional paid subscription plans on our web-based platform later this month. We will provide some of the extended functionality currently available to registered users under the new subscription plans, while continuing to offer free access to most of our tools and features. As part of this transition we will automatically migrate your existing account to a trial plan with all functionality enabled when the new subscription plans become available. If you do not wish to sign up for a paid plan at the end of the trial, you can continue to use the basic set of features offered under the free tier without signing in. We expect to publish the available subscription plans and pricing information within a week.

Yes, I have used Portfolio Visualizer quite a bit, in order to look at historical data. While many other sites have stock charts, they most often do not include dividends in the return. And PV also shows the results of an arbitrary portfolio mix, and with the effects of periodic rebalancing. I think it is great.

I have used it and it gives a great picture of past returns. I am still looking for one that will give me future returns with accuracy.

Dream on . . . :cool:

+1

Yes, that one is going to cost him a lot of money, and it is not going to be on a free Web site.

And another problem is that he is not going to be able to find one that will give a "money back" guarantee. :D

I just received an email stating that Portfolio Visualizer is going to a paid subscription mode. There will also be a free version. The email did not mention what the differences between the two will be.

Uh Oh! Eventually, they all want money. Hah! They get you hooked first, then stick their greedy palm out.

If I am going to pay, it has to be cheap. It's past stock performance that they show, right? It's only good for seeing what you would have if you did differently than what you have already done.

I will pay more for future stock charts. And with money back guarantee.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom