Goldman Sach tells High NW clients .. Bull Market will continue

lol. Predictions are very difficult to make, especially when they are about the future. And why does a HNWI even care whether the bull market continues.

Even on a Low Carb Diet I expect the BMs to continue.

Yeah, but what are they telling the non High NW people? Oh that's right. They're GS, they don't talk with nonHNW.

1509538075963110_22.png

lol. Predictions are very difficult to make, especially when they are about the future. And why does a HNWI even care whether the bull market continues.

So they can stay a high net worth individual? Considering it's 'only' $10M, a few here on the forum are relatively close.
Goldman’s private wealth management clients generally have investable assets of at least $10 million.

I am not sure if GS is right, but all the right things are in place for higher corporate profits and spending. Consumer confidence is at great highs. No real dark economic clouds are on the horizon.

Inflation is creeping up, and initially it gives consumers more in their paycheck. The tax cuts also give 85% of people more in their paycheck. If it stays near 2%, all system will be a go. The economy is humming along at a 3%+ pace, something it has not done in a long time.

I am leaving my ~95% US equity position intact.

For those who already got out because the market was too 'frothy', and were going to get back in on a pull-back, how many years are you willing to wait? Or do you wait for Peter Schiff to give the word?

Last edited:
Yea, but in this article Goldman advises the same HNW clients that Bitcoin is a bubble. What if they get both predictions wrong?

"Goldman Sachs warns high net worth clients about cryptocurrency mania"

"They note cryptocurrencies already dwarf both the dot-com bubble and the notorious Dutch “Tulipmania,” a period where tulip bulbs became a prized commodity between 1634 and 1637 and prices went haywire."

For some reason I thought your assets were mostly invested in rental real estate.

He must be talking only about his liquid assets.

If Senator is getting a high income stream from his rental properties he may not care about total return of his liquid assets.

Last edited:
I predict a market crash soon simply because I just plowed $75k into it after sitting on about $200k in cash for all of 2017.

Just curious. How do GS recommendations on stocks and mutual funds do overall against the index funds? Does anybody follow them well enough to know?

100 billion a year in extra deficit spending from the tax cut. Talk of a huge infrastructure bill. Talk of increasing defence spending.
All on credit.
I'm hoping for a great 5 years till the hangover kicks in.

100 billion a year in extra deficit spending from the tax cut.
Talk of a huge infrastructure bill. Talk of increasing defence spending. All on credit.
I'm hoping for a great 5 years till the hangover kicks in. Till then I'm partying like it's 1999.

For some reason I thought your assets were mostly invested in rental real estate.

That is true, but my 'liquid' is 95% US Index ETFs. The liquid is about 40% of the total.

If Senator is getting a high income stream from his rental properties he may not care about total return of his liquid assets.

You are correct. My returns on my liquid generally match the S&P, for 2017 it was 23.06%.

Last edited:
I read recently that a successful investor said he got rich by selling too soon.

Interesting! More then one way to become wealthy and being cautious can be one of them.

The article was a read I like to read but we never really know what is going to happen.

My investments I will do nothing in good or bad times just let them grow and recover in hopes to increase my portfolio. Not sure it will work for me in 20 years I will let you know.

That is true, but my 'liquid' is 95% US Index ETFs. The liquid is about 40% of the total.

You are correct. My returns on my liquid generally match the S&P, for 2017 it was 23.06%.

Ah, now it makes sense. So, the equity allocation is 95% of 40%, so it's about really around 38% of the investment portfolio, and rental RE is around 60%. Not a bad allocation, certainly well diversified.

Is there some reason to believe that Goldman knows anything about the future? Like, is there a published track record somewhere? I think not; those guys are too smart to leave tracks.

More monkeys throwing darts.

Back
Top Bottom