Did It !!!

beachfire

Recycles dryer sheets
After years of planning and saving and countless nights tossing and turning on whether we were ready or not, I finally pulled the trigger and told the Company that I am retiring next month.

I can’t describe the feeling I have right now. Feels like such an enormous weight has been lifted. I am thankful for the career that I have had and am now so energized by the opportunity to start the next chapter of our life.

This forum has provided great insight and helped me develop the courage to take the leap.

I look forward to sharing thoughts on the transition to the life after work.

Congrats! As someone on this forum once said: retirement is different than I expected, but better! I echo those sentiments... between now and your final day you will become a little more invisible each day until you are finally free!

Enjoy yourself

Congratulations, beachfire! I remember the same feeling. Enjoy!

Congrats. Stay healthy and have a great retirement. Nothing better..

Remember that feeling on the last day of school before summer when you were a kid. It's like that but without having to worry about going back in the Fall. Welcome to life 2.0!

Congrats!

In a slightly different story I was meeting with my boss and I was going over the structure of my business when he told me the president of the company wanted another $500k of savings from me. Since I was the most profitable group in the company I told him that was a stupid decision. When they wouldn't change their minds I gave 18 months notice to allow them to restructure my department. Then I thought "Oh crap, I'm going to have to carry through with this". They all thought I was just blowing off my normal amount of steam. However, I stuck to it and it was the best decision ever. Enjoy the last month as you will probably do more online shopping and surfing than ever.

Hey, way to go! Never look back, and enjoy what will hopefully be the best chapter of your life.

Congratulations!!:dance: We are almost 4 years into retirement. I feel like a teenager. Some would say I also act like one.

Congrats!

In a slightly different story I was meeting with my boss and I was going over the structure of my business when he told me the president of the company wanted another $500k of savings from me. Since I was the most profitable group in the company I told him that was a stupid decision.

Same exact story here, except they want another $1,000,000 from me because the other areas aren't pulling their own weight. Thank goodness ER is getting closer every day.

Congrats to OP!

Good for you! Kick back, have fun and enjoy your new life - :)

Congratulations! Keep us up-to-date with your retirement progress!

Congratulations! - hope to be there in <2 years and counting

Extending hearty Congratulations to you! Just started into year 2 of my retirement and enjoying each and every day whether I accomplish something or not!

Back
Top Bottom