Dead Rattle Snake bites man

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just seen a story on the news about a Corpus Christi man getting bit by a severed rattlesnake head . He killed the snake with a shovel and went to pick up the head and got bit . Had 27 treatments of anti venom . It seems the head had all of the poison and was worse then if the snake was alive and with the entire body.

message of the day " A snake does not die till sundown "

OK, I bit the click bait :)

headline should have read "Dying snake...........", but hey lots less effective click bait if it did

Someone can also now nominate this guy for a Darwin Award,.........or does one have to actually die to get those?

Shovel-wielding maniac murders snake! Details at 11!

message of the day " A snake does not die till sundown "

...or until my wife sees it. Then it's toast.

My neighborhood is awash in copperheads since about four years ago. A teenaged girl six houses away was bitten in the foot last year in her front yard. One of our dogs was bitten on the neck in our garden.

Not a herpetologist, but I'd be surprised if these things aren't somehow cyclical. I hadn't seen a snake in the wild for 10 years, and now they're everywhere. Maybe 10 years from now they'll subside. Or 10 minutes, if DW gets hold of them.

One of the most valuable lessons learned in high school. Don't mess with "dead snakes". They kill more people than live snakes.

Of course we should be more concerned about vending machines.[emoji12] They kill more folks in the US than snakes. But no...... what do we do? Run toward the killer vending machines and attack them? Indeed, we are afraid of live snakes and messing around with the dead ones. Then we blank with the killer vending machines.

It's a wonder humans have survived.

Somehow I always knew not to mess with a dead snake. Well - only remotely.

We remove our rattlesnakes live anyway.

If you read Old Yeller, you'd know. That's how the dog they had before died, from snooping around a dying snake and getting bit. I don't know if that was in the movie too.

It was while Papa and I were cutting wild hay in a little patch of prairie back of the house. A big diamond-back rattler struck at Papa and Papa chopped his head off with one quick lick of his scythe. The head dropped to the ground three or four feet away from the writhing body. It lay there, with the ugly mouth opening and shutting, still trying to bite something.

As smart as Bell was, you’d have thought he’d have better sense than to go up and nuzzle that rattler’s head. But he didn’t, and a second later, he was falling back, howling and slinging his own head till his ears popped. But it was too late then. That snake mouth had snapped shut on his nose, driving the fangs in so deep that it was a full minute before he could sling the bloody head loose.

He died that night

Yikes! I have a very snakey yard but I let them be. I wish my neighbor would not kill the black snakes tho!

If you read Old Yeller, you'd know. That's how the dog they had before died, from snooping around a dying snake and getting bit. I don't know if that was in the movie too.

In the movie the dog died from a rabid wolf bite IIRC.

I had 3 Diamondback rattlesnakes in the yard this week. Two were moved, the third three button buzztail went to a scientific no-kill feeding research project. it's the little pesky toe nibbling ones that I don't like.

Grasshopper where are you at ? They tell me we have Rattlesnakes around here but I have never seen one . I am scared of all snakes . living in the country you hear some really bad stories about snakes so we are always on the lookout. Last year we seen a guy at the Wine Pizza garden one night who got bit by a copperhead in the morning . His little finger was 3 times the size of his thumb . He said the hospital gave him some benedril and sent him home ……………….

djzMXEB.jpg

My rattlesnake is a service animal. Thank you very much.

Grasshopper where are you at ? They tell me we have Rattlesnakes around here but I have never seen one . I am scared of all snakes . living in the country you hear some really bad stories about snakes so we are always on the lookout. Last year we seen a guy at the Wine Pizza garden one night who got bit by a copperhead in the morning . His little finger was 3 times the size of his thumb . He said the hospital gave him some benedril and sent him home ……………….

The ponderosa is in the mountains of SE Arizona, 3 miles from New Mexico, 30 miles from Old Mexico. Probably one of the best places in the states for herping and bird watching.

In the movie the dog died from a rabid wolf bite IIRC.
Not the title dog, but the one the boy had before that. It may not have even been part of the movie.

We have rattlesnakes in the mountains but not in town. However, never saw any when hiking

Never been bit, but while hiking I stepped right over one that didn't start rattling until I was out of strike range. Wouldn't have even known it except for that sound.

Rattlesnake bites often result from alcohol consumption on the victim's part. Might that be the case here?

Rattlesnake bites often result from alcohol consumption on the victim's part. Might that be the case here?
I generally consume my rattlesnake after a nice cold beer.

Back
Top Bottom