Happy Thanksgiving

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends :greetings10:

Merci beaucoup.

Picked some apples from the trees on our new property yesterday. We think they are Spys. Not much to look at but make good cooking apples.

Went to SIL house last night for the huge meal. Highlight for me was the smoked ham and local 7% cider. :D

Highlight for DW was the brussel sprouts....:uglystupid:

Attachments

• IMG_20181006_112145.jpg
    IMG_20181006_112145.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 19
I love brussels sprouts. I'm just hoping mine get to edible size before the community garden shuts down at the end of the month. So far, it's not looking good. Next year, I'll plant them earlier.

Last edited:
I love brussels sprouts. I'm just hoping mine get to edible size before the community garden shuts down at the end of the month. So far, it's not looking good. Next year, I'll plant them earlier.
I also enjoy brussels sprouts. One benefit to their increasing popularity, they now appear more often on restaurant menus (usually misspelled).

Steam the sprouts to soften, then sauté with bacon!
This preparation is delicious :)

Also good cut in half or thirds and roasted with Balsamic vinegar and salt.

Yup had our celebratory turkey dinner at a friend's last night. Burp! Cranberry Sauce, not an apple in sight! Next up, American Thanksgiving in Mexico.

Two CFL games to watch instead of exercising today.

Also good cut in half or thirds and roasted with Balsamic vinegar and salt.

And bacon!

We used to grow them in the garden. It's kind of fun to pick that stalk (and soak in salt water, there are some bugs that like to hide in there).

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom