When you know your career has hit dead end

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give

Attachments

• F-16.PNG
    F-16.PNG
    865.1 KB · Views: 67
Oops is right. Wonder how this was reported up the chain of command.

Last edited:
Yep, big oops.

1030198.jpg

Last edited:
"I wonder why this trigger switch is red? Lemme check it out......"

"Well that explains it."

Gotta cut the guy some slack. What's a F-16 jet fighter among friends? :angel:

When I read this the other day I was a bit stunned and then I remembered to never underestimate what people are capable of.

The Belgian Air Force apparently needs to have some remedial lessons in the 4 rules of firearms safety.

For the former military folks on this thread, can you imagine the safety stand down that will happen due to this incident?

Thankfully the only loss was a multimillion dollar aircraft and some hearing. 20mm ain't no joke.

There would have to be a lot of safeties that were bypassed to allow this to happen.

One more thing to look out for from the Boca Chica station next month.

I wonder if he'll get fired, or will they send him back to school for remedial training?

I worked as a mechanic before and we always were instructed to thoroughly test anything we repaired to ensure it was in working order. :angel:

In the late 1980's I was consulting with Northwest Airlines maintenance facility.
The normal routine is you start with 1 spare set of ready to go engines. A plane comes in for overhaul, they take the engines off, put the spare set on, and send the bird back out. The overhaul the set that just came off to get ready to install on the another plane when it comes in.
One of the mechs filled the overhaul engines with hydraulic fluid (corrosive). So NWA had a 100M aircraft sitting out on the tarmac for a couple of months waiting for a set of engines to be made ready.

Back
Top Bottom