Over, under or whatever?

How do you prefer your toilet paper hung?

• Over the top

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • Under the bottom

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Whatever!

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pb4uski

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Watching a DVR recording of The Good Doctor. Shaun is insisting that Lea, his new roommate, hang toilet paper over the top. DW still can't do it right after 36 years of marriage. What say you? :D

Last edited:
Patent shows the paper going over the top. I liked it hanging next to the wall - tidier. The gal says over the top. I've adjusted.

LOL

the joys of a single life , i am just happy there is some on the nearest roll when needed

Over the top. However, I agree with OZ. The first consideration is that it’s there when you need it. Even if it’s sitting on the back of the toilet on the tank.

DGF and I agree with over the top.

Spent 200 days a year in 5 star hotels for 30 years.

Over the top. It's the only way to get the end folded to a "V" and sitting at the 10 o'clock position.

OP: This should be a survey question! (Oops, guess it is... )

My Mom did it under, but I have had that shamed out of me by several people.

An analogous survey might be: Which shaker gets the salt? The one with more holes, or the one with fewer holes?

Last edited:
Over the top
BUT... if you have cats the play with the roll, hanging it under the bottom will prevent the cat from unrolling the whole thing onto the floor. (which is another reason I don't have cats... :)

We'll see how this compares with this survey:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation

More info on the subject than I imagined! I seem to recall there was some social group that met to discuss the relative merits of over/under. I'm not sure if it was take off, or the inspiration for a Monty Python sketch - The Society for Placing One Thing On Top Of Another Thing, or something like that.

Ahhh, here it is:

-ERD50

Over the top, but far more important than that:

The evacuee should never fall into still water (even for a few seconds). Instead, it should encounter an already swirling bowl such that it’s on its way out literally as it arrives. 88 out the gate. One continuous process. When executed properly, it’s nearly impossible to detect that anything ever happened. Baffling that some do it any other way.

Who cares, as long as the roll is not down to the last sheet.

Ensuring the toilet seat is always Down, is far more important!

And I thought I was the only one with this obsession.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

if you pick "under" you might be a psychopath.

Over the top, but far more important than that:

The evacuee should never fall into still water (even for a few seconds). Instead, it should encounter an already swirling bowl such that it’s on its way out literally as it arrives. 88 out the gate. One continuous process. When executed properly, it’s nearly impossible to detect that anything ever happened. :cool: Baffling that some do it any other way.

:LOL: Yes! Otherwise

TP - over

Seat - down

Last edited:
LOL I have been taught early on over the top. I know a guy at work he would change it to under or against the wall. I always had to laugh at that but what ever. LOL

I don't care as long as it's there when needed.

FTI, there's been an over/under poll like this within the last year or so.

It goes over but not at our house. Our dogs are paper thiefs and will take off running with it. Ours goes on the back of the toilet.

Over the top
BUT... if you have cats the play with the roll, hanging it under the bottom will prevent the cat from unrolling the whole thing onto the floor.
Yes we are over but had to go under when our two cats were kittens.

I though this thread was going to be about betting. Imagine my disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom