Has anyone signed up for IDnotify?

Carpediem

Full time employment: Posting here.
I received the following email from Equifax and was wondering if anyone else had taken them up on their offer. I'm assuming it's a legit offer but I don't want to sign up for something that might become a hassle later.

This email is a follow-up to the notice you recently received from Equifax about the opportunity for another year of complimentary credit monitoring. Equifax® has chosen Experian® to provide you with this additional year of free credit monitoring services through their IDnotify™ product. Equifax offered complimentary TrustedID® Premier so consumers could obtain free monitoring services following the Equifax 2017 cybersecurity incident.

I got the same email about a month ago. Haven't received the followup email yet.

Never heard of it yet.
Why not just do the free credit freeze so people cannot misuse your credit ? Or does this do more ?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I was using the free credit monitoring service from Equifax and simply kept my credit report frozen. I was hoping the same service would be extended but then they sent me this email pushing me to IDnotify.

Here is some additional info from the same email:

IDnotify includes key features for your protection similar to those that were included in TrustedID Premier, at no cost:
3-Bureau Credit File Monitoring
$1M Identity Theft Insurance
Dark Web monitoring with alerts
The ability to lock your Experian credit file
IDnotify from Experian is completely free. No credit card required.

You must enroll in IDnotify by January 31, 2019. When your TrustedID expires, you will no longer have free credit monitoring services unless you enroll in IDnotify.

I mean it sounds good but I don't want to get roped into a Lifelock time of deal.

There are so many services like this that are free. TurboTax monitors my credit, Credit Karma monitors it.
I had a car dealer do an inquiry on my credit, had it unfroze just for this purpose, and I got two emails within minutes notifying me of the inquiry.

Nope. I don't trust Equifax anymore.

+1

I have a free service with Credit Karma, and most of my credit cards offer it too. for free.

Back
Top Bottom