RIP John Bogle

John had a great run. I don't think anyone has done more for the individual investor in my lifetime. He changed an industry and gave people an opportunity to build wealth in a way that had not been possible before. We'll miss him, and wait for another to take the torch and move ahead. Yes, RIP John. And thank you.

Eighty nine years old with a heart transplant 22 years ago. Pretty impressive. Led a long fruitful life. R.I.P.

Sad, truly a great man. John changed the mutual fund industry. He faced a lot of criticism from his peers at other fund companies. Fund industry is more than a little inbred, had to be a tough uphill grind for many years. RIP.

Oh man, that is bad bad news.

A truly great man who tangibly improved the financial well being of millions. A sad day indeed.

A good man inside and outside the financial road. Creatively went where no one went before him.

RIP Jack Bogle

Haven’t read the details. He’s def St Jack now, IMO.

Buffett's 2017 comments about Bogle quoted in a CNBC article today.

"If a statue is ever erected to honor the person who has done the most for American investors, the hands down choice should be Jack Bogle," billionaire investor Warren Buffett wrote in his annual letter in March 2017.

I just received the sad headline on my phone that John Bogle, father of index investing and founder of Vanguard, has passed away. He was a great man and will be missed by his family, friends and the millions of investors who are grateful to him for making the simple observation that most active managers cannot beat the market, so it's usually best to use a low cost index fund for investing. RIP Mr. Bogle.

Always admired him. He got me started investing in the S&P fund. RIP

Oh no! What sad news. He will be sorely missed. So many of us here followed his financial lead for many years and still adhere to the investing outlook advocated by him.

An amazing person who's life work made things better for the little guy instead of just making great globs of money for himself. He leveled the playing field and made it possible for the unwashed masses, such as myself, to win in the investment game by following his sage advise. RIP Mr. Bogle.

Sad day but then he had quite a life and career so in the end he was a great winner of life's sweepstakes.

RIP Jack

Last edited:
I don't have many heroes, but he has been, and will continue to be one to me.

Last edited:
John had a great run. I don't think anyone has done more for the individual investor in my lifetime. He changed an industry and gave people an opportunity to build wealth in a way that had not been possible before. We'll miss him, and wait for another to take the torch and move ahead. Yes, RIP John. And thank you.

++

I don't have many hero's, but he has been, and will continue to be one to me.
+1. I respect Jack for his vision, his integrity, and for doing what' best for the investor. Vanguard's success shows that his model paid off. Index funds allowed us to take on a diversified portfolio easily, with less risk, and with greater rewards. Thank you, Jack, for all that you did for the world. You can't usually say this about someone in finance, but he was a great man. You will be missed.

Jack was one of my heroes and I will forever be grateful to him. RIP Mr. Bogel.

Of all of the "celebrity" deaths of late, I can't think of anyone who had a bigger impact on my life than John Bogle.

Back
Top Bottom